HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody notice the mag wells on the MP5 40/10 have a flaired lip on one side (mates up to ridge on the mag) but not the other? How are they supposed to be? CAn this be fixed by smiths?

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am refering to the clone flats that are on the market today. And I have seen this on the guns that were sold by Cohaire and Vector.

·
Registered
346 Posts
One side is flared and the other side is recessed and doesn't touch the mag there so I think is why it isn't flared. I don't know if the original HK looked like that.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I wouldn't call it flared more like a rib along the bottom right hand edge of the magwell. I suppose it's to strengthen the edge since the mag has a flange that acts as a stop against the edge of the well.
The left side lacks the rib but there is a stamped profile on most the left side of the magwell.
These features on my 10mm Coharie magwell look practically identical to the magwell of a German MP5/40 receiver section I have.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Anybody notice the mag wells on the MP5 40/10 have a flaired lip on one side (mates up to ridge on the mag) but not the other? How are they supposed to be? CAn this be fixed by smiths?
Post a photo but I think what you are seeing is correct. Right side has a small rib along the bottom whereas the left does not because of the large flare where you would normally expect the sling clip. That is normal, but post a photo as I have seen plenty of .40 clones where the receiver was not rolled evenly. Even with the a sense of the flare on the left, it should be even with the stop-rim on the mag.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will do.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't call it flared more like a rib along the bottom right hand edge of the magwell. I suppose it's to strengthen the edge since the mag has a flange that acts as a stop against the edge of the well.
The left side lacks the rib but there is a stamped profile on most the left side of the magwell.
These features on my 10mm Coharie magwell look practically identical to the magwell of a German MP5/40 receiver section I have.
Well kick my but I just got an HK MP5 .40 magwell today for the release parts and Clicker's description is right on, the HK one has a rib on one side and flat on the other and it does look like the clone flats.
Thanks for all the input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts