HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently started on a pair of MP5 .40's. Receivers turned out great, bent with a jig I made. I'm thinking I will set one up as a pistol, have the other receiver engraved and make an SBR with a Form 1. My question to anyone out there who has built one of these: Did you utilize the bolt hold open? Sounds like a nice idea, but it doesn't seal with the receiver very well. I've been thinking about omitting the BHO and filling in the areas on the receiver. Input? Also, I'm new with building HK's, so if anyone has any good tips or tricks to pass along I'd like to hear them. Is there a source for paper copies or pdf's of manuals for HK's Long Live the Second Amendment!!

Thanks,
Doug A Smith

·
Registered
149 Posts
I recently started on a pair of MP5 .40's. Receivers turned out great, bent with a jig I made. I'm thinking I will set one up as a pistol, have the other receiver engraved and make an SBR with a Form 1. My question to anyone out there who has built one of these: Did you utilize the bolt hold open? Sounds like a nice idea, but it doesn't seal with the receiver very well. I've been thinking about omitting the BHO and filling in the areas on the receiver. Input? Also, I'm new with building HK's, so if anyone has any good tips or tricks to pass along I'd like to hear them. Is there a source for paper copies or pdf's of manuals for HK's Long Live the Second Amendment!!

Thanks,
Doug A Smith
I see the BHO as a novelty. I'd love a 10mm to match the 40, but sold my barrel years back

1 - 2 of 2 Posts