HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a Vector MP5/40 kit a couple years ago and I'm finally getting ready to ship the parts off the Ghilliebear but I had a few questions before I order the last batch of parts from Adam.

I am using the Vector receiver, bolt catch and magazine release parts along with a complete German front end and a RCM carrier and bolt. What style of retainer and firing pin spring do I need? I also have rollers and a ejector on the list, but I can't think of much else and I don't want to miss anything.

Thanks,

·
Vendor
2,158 Posts
+1 for calling ghilliebear.

The .40 uses the same firing pin and spring combo as the mp5/k/40/10.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just heard that RCM parts are to F specifications and I wasn't sure if I should go with F style parts or some of the Action 3 type parts I have on hand. That being said I'll probably call Jeff tomorrow, I just hat e to keep calling him with random questions.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I just heard that RCM parts are to F specifications and I wasn't sure if I should go with F style parts or some of the Action 3 type parts I have on hand. That being said I'll probably call Jeff tomorrow, I just hat e to keep calling him with random questions.
"F" and "Action 3" parts are for the 9mm guns. The .40 caliber guns use a different bolt group than 9mm. The ejector is also different between the two calibers. To get technical, the hammer spring is also different. Good luck with your .40 caliber project.

Scott

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I talked to the guys at HKparts and they the RCM bolt use an action 3 style roller retainer. My wallet is a lot lighter now but I should finally have all the parts I need to get this finished.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Yea I sent him my parts (SW kit from a few years ago) and he went through gave me a list of what I was missing and what he recommended changing out. It was a PDW K build and it came out fantastic and ran like a bat out of hell semi, suppressed, full auto, full auto suppressed. Great guy to deal with and he dosn't mind if you call him with questions and if you leave him a message he will call you back as soon as he is free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts