HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen these Coharie MP5-40 pistol clones all over the place. They look real nice and built well, but I would like to hear from anyone who owns it. I had a Bobcat BW89, it was a train wreck! Nothing fit, everything was too tight. I just don't feel like making another clone mistake.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Vector V94

I have the Vector .40 cal clone. Besides two FTF (12 year old Winchester Slivertip's). I put over 250 rounds through mine last range day with no hicups. I used the fourm to narrow down my purchase and went with the Vector over the Coharie.

Since I had no function problems, I only purchased a A3 stock, Surefire 628 forend and five additional HK mags (blue ones) from HKPARTS.NET. I am in the process of getting the Form 1 done so I can SBR my toy.

I can recommend the Vector, since I have one. That's my 2 cents worth.

Good luck.

·
Registered
316 Posts
V-94 Paperweight

Techie: As you can read about from my other range report, my V94 was a paperweight right out of the box. No rounds would eject. Currently awaiting its return from Vector. (Good customer service - questionable quality control)

David

·
Banned
848 Posts
vector v94

special weapons is coharie or vis-versa. they have supplied receivers and parts to both bobcat and vector. vector had trouble early on with some of the sub standard parts that they received with the guns. cast carriers, mimmed bolt heads and mimmed extractors. one big issue was the barrel. it looked like the flutes in the chamber hardly scratched the surface. One thing i can say for vector is at least they junked the bad parts and replaced them with quality billet parts that are to spec. and if you have an issue with thier gun they will stand behind it and fix it for you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
.40 magazines

What do the .40 cal. magazines cost ? I can't find a price listed anywhere.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do the .40 cal. magazines cost ? I can't find a price listed anywhere.
I've seen them as high as 65.00 with most all be LEO marked. I've also seen US made ones much lower from "He whose name we dare not mention".

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just got my CA94 40 in a few days ago. I will have a whole report thread up soon. There is a major issue that needs to be taken care of. I will let you guys know asap how it turns out. Besides the major issue I fired 40 rounds and had 1 FTE/stove pipe. I will have pictures and details up soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts