HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have 2 US made MP5-40 mags that do not feed "well" as compared to a few other german hk mags that I have. I notice that hkparts has mag components such as followers, springs, and base plates for sale to replace certain parts. My question is, would replacing the followers and/or springs lead to a more reliable magazine? Is reliability able to be improved if the stock mag body has to be used and cant be replaced? I would hate to replace the internal components of the magazine and still have this issue with these two mags. I guess that would be cheaper then flat out buying new mags, however if they cannot be saved/repaired, this is the route I will eventually go.

Thanks

·
Registered
621 Posts
Do you have German mags?

You could swap the guts from one of those to test reliability.

There was nothing that I could do with my lone US mag that would make it reliable. I think my issue lies in the geometry and thickness of the feed lips. I suppose with some dremmel time, I could probably clean it up, but why? when my German mags all run 100%.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
In addition to my HK mags, I have a few US made mags that I mess around with on the range. The biggest issue I have with them is their tight "fit" within the mag well. My plan is to confirm measurements and then attempt to file down the neck area that fits within the well in hopes to achieve easier loading and unloading. Then I'll move to the feed lips if necessary. Obviously, I'm not going to spend too much time but since I have them, and a dremel and file, I might as well give it a shot. I have to admit, even in FA, they are more than adequate for range use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts