HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the sales forum here there seem to be more sales of 40rd mags recently then I recall in the past. I even saw some marked "HK MP5" and "month/year" dated. Did HKO ever actually produce these or are they POF, MKE, or some other manufacturer? To me, just because they are stamped "HK MP5" doesn't necessarily mean they were made by HK, just that they were made for that platform. So did HK ever produce 40 rounders?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yes they did. I think it was 1976 but better let me check my pics. As far as I know these were requested/made for the Shah of Persia. It appears to be just one run but like two batches. One batch has the correct markings and one batch has butchered markings. You can kinda still read them though.

·
Banned
34,552 Posts
The only "factory" ones that I have seen were marked MP5 HK over 5/74, HK MP 5 over 8/74, and MP5 HK over 2/79--- of course, LIQ/MCP made high-quality ones, as well!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes they did. I think it was 1976 but better let me check my pics. As far as I know these were requested/made for the Shah of Persia. It appears to be just one run but like two batches. One batch has the correct markings and one batch has butchered markings. You can kinda still read them though.
The only "factory" ones that I have seen were marked MP5 HK over 5/74, HK MP 5 over 8/74, and MP5 HK over 2/79--- of course, LIQ/MCP made high-quality ones, as well!!! :biggrin:

Tony
What they said.
Thank you gents. Tony, these mags were marked exactly as you indicate (different month, but 74 for the year) and I purchased them. I actually also discussed the matter with G3Kurtz and got his informed perspective. I'm happy with my purchase and looking forward to getting my grubby hands on these mags. Probably wont keep all of them so a few are likely pop back up on the sales forum.

·
Banned
34,552 Posts
Thank you gents. Tony, these mags were marked exactly as you indicate (different month, but 74 for the year) and I purchased them. I actually also discussed the matter with G3Kurtz and got his informed perspective. I'm happy with my purchase and looking forward to getting my grubby hands on these mags. Probably wont keep all of them so a few are likely pop back up on the sales forum.
Excellent acquisitions--- PM me the exact markings (if different than the ones that I have)!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
will do TOny

1 - 8 of 8 Posts