HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
CETME, Romanian AK, MP5
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking to make an ejector lever for my mp5 build because paying $100-200 plus is ridiculous for a $25 part. It doesn't seem to be too complicated a part to make...

Does anyone have any thoughts on material and maybe heat treat? i have a few G3 ejectors i file tested and none appear to be heat treated (or atleast are softer than my file) Maybe they're just made from mild steel or a slightly harder alloy...

Anyway, thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
I have a new MP5 0-1-3-F housing ejector and spring
Have not figured out how to take it apart yet
Removing the MP5 ejector is pretty simple. All you do is push out the axle pin that it rotates on, and pull out the ejector.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Same boat. I have been looking for a trigger group for one of my last builds literally this entire build (refusing to pay what I consider to be ridiculous pricing). What is frustrating to me is that I am seeing builders churning out record numbers of builds, YET I cannot find the parts I need to finish my own project and every major supplier is dead dry on the parts... I have to believe that wholesale contracts/deals are drying up retail supply.

No... I am not paying 100-200 dollars for an ejector level, nor am I paying 600 dollars for a FCG that cost 150 just last year. Heck, RTG was out of bolt groups for 6 months and then got 4 units in stock from RCM? I am supposed to believe that RCM built 4 units and delivered them or that RTG only ordered 4 in for stock? Not a chance.

In the end, worked out.... the prices for parts blew up so high that I actually just bought a couple MKE's and shelved the project until things stabilize... could be win/win in the long run for me...lol

Sorry to hijack your thread

·
Registered
CETME, Romanian AK, MP5
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Same boat. I have been looking for a trigger group for one of my last builds literally this entire build (refusing to pay what I consider to be ridiculous pricing). What is frustrating to me is that I am seeing builders churning out record numbers of builds, YET I cannot find the parts I need to finish my own project and every major supplier is dead dry on the parts... I have to believe that wholesale contracts/deals are drying up retail supply.

No... I am not paying 100-200 dollars for an ejector level, nor am I paying 600 dollars for a FCG that cost 150 just last year. Heck, RTG was out of bolt groups for 6 months and then got 4 units in stock from RCM? I am supposed to believe that RCM built 4 units and delivered them or that RTG only ordered 4 in for stock? Not a chance.

In the end, worked out.... the prices for parts blew up so high that I actually just bought a couple MKE's and shelved the project until things stabilize... could be win/win in the long run for me...lol

I hear that. I was forced into building a reverse stretch as that was the only one i could find parts for. in the end it's going to look sick so i'm happy with that. I remember when these parts were cheap. Same **** with the AKs. A romanian underfolder was $100 a year ago.... now they're $500... Forget about a fixed stock romanian lol. Can't even find them. If i knew i would end up paying this much to build the gun, i would have just bought one... the whole point in building is to get good quality parts and save money (and have fun i guess? lol).

In the end i just bit the bullet and bought the only ejector lever i could find. Don't ask what i paid lol 😭. The ejector is literally the last piece i need for this build. i will experiment with making them. I've got a good milling setup here to do so. They don't seem to be made out of some crazy exotic steel nor do they seem to be heat treated (atleast in my observations) so once a bending fixture is made it shouldn't be that difficult

·
Registered
6,409 Posts

Age old problem. Just gotten worse lately.

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
So why have MP-5 ejectors suddenly become worth $100-$200 dollars? Had no idea I was sitting on a Warren Buffet style retirement.

-E-

Why do $300 registered sears cost $20,000-$30,000 (or whatever the current price is)? Supply and demand. The difference here, of course, is that with the sears... the supply was halted. With the ejector levers, the market has (intentionally or unintentionally) become manipulated... possibly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts