HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opinions needed please!

I am about to pull the trigger on my first mp5 build and wondered if it was worth it to spend a little extra and go with one of the newer F kits?

I realize there is a slight risk of getting an older kit and that it might have thousands of rounds through it while a F kit might not.

Is there anything else i should consider? I know the F kits can handle hot +P loads but I dont see myself ever going out of my way to shoot those.

I am naturally drawn to the look of the contoured lower with finger grooves and the A3 stock. If I went with the F kit in mind I would have to pay extra to upgrade ($250) to an A3 stock from the standard fixed stock.

Please help me decide!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
My suggestion is shop around instead of buying it from a dealer. You will save alot of money.... They do pop up for sale once in a while on the boards, Sturm, GB.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I didnt say stay away.... :) hkparts.net is a great place to buy hard to find hk parts. You do however occasionally see private sellers with better prices on kits..

·
Banned
599 Posts
Dont buy a kit.. usa made parts aswhell flats are of great quality today past problems with clone builds are directly related to builders cutting corners more then parts themselves.
all parts including f upgrades to shoot +p+ can be found good source for parts is gunbroker

1 - 8 of 8 Posts