HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stainless new barrel for a MP5. It has a very small C stamped on it. I am guessing this is POF or SW. The lugs on this look very close if not a perfect match to a german barrel. I have a SW barrel on my SW5 now and the lugs don't match this at all. Does anyone know if this is a POF or a newer updated SW barrel? Thanks so much for the input.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Is that the ONLY markings on it? A small 'c'? The machine marks looks exactly like the (supposedly) paki barrels I have. But they each have 6 numbers on the barrel near the breech end in this format: xx-xx-xx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No markings whatsoever on the barrel. Infact the C looks like it could have been caused by a slight hit from a punch or something. The barrel has 12 flutes.

G

·
I'm no expert but a buddy of mine is a H&K Germany trained US Military armorer on the MP5 system. He looked at your photograph and he said that it looks like a new in the white Pakistani or Greek made MP5 barrel. The Paki barrels had a series of numbers rolled on the outside and the Greek barrels have a part number and 4 digit code?

He said that the Pakistani barrels are usually marked with a bore diameter code and date of manufacture code up to a certain year. He said that although they were pretty well made, some were not stress relieved and did not last long or kept their accuracy. He did say that outside of German and British made MP5 barrels, one of the better types was those made by Turkey or all people.

He also said that if you have an original German 3 lug MP5 flash hider or BFA, these devices will fit on any MILSPEC MP5 barrel, but will not fit on any clone or poorly made Paki barrel.

He also said that Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and a couple other countries bought the technology uprades for the new flute style (EDM) and newer rifling manufacturing.

I hope this is helpful.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
No markings whatsoever on the barrel. Infact the C looks like it could have been caused by a slight hit from a punch or something. The barrel has 12 flutes.
I looked at my barrels again - I have 3 that are white, and 1 that is parkerized. 3 of them have "38-46-90 7" on them, and one has 355-355-89 on it. Also, two of them have made in turkey stickers on them. The machine marks, and shape of the 3-lugs on the parkerized one is slightly different than the others, but the others look exactly like yours.

Maybe someone sanded off the old numbers. They're some sort of part number or lot code because 3 of them are the same.

If you look at the thinner barrel portion, does it have tiny ridges down it where it was turned on a lathe? All 4 of mine do, and if not, someone likely sanded it down. I'm debating whether or not to thread mine to make them navy barrels, or just keep them in standard 3 lug.

One of these days when I get around to buying a 3 lug suppressor, I'll see if it fits the 3 lugs, and if not, I'll just thread them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The barrel looks like is has not been sanded down. It has the grooves or machine marks in the length of the barrel still. I am thinking about installing this barrel at some point, but I am not sure about the quality. I don't know if it is cause it is in the white, but it sure seems to scratch up easy. Here is the pictures of the only markings on the barrel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts