HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use any of the Beta mags that are being currently offered? Just looking for some opinions?

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Anybody use any of the Beta mags that are being currently offered? Just looking for some opinions?
There were one or two in use at the DFW operators course back in April. One was on an HK53, I think the other was on an MP5. They both seemed to work fine.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I have used the M16 BETA mag in my 53 clone, after changing out the feed tower, and it works great. The only negative is that it make the rifle very heavy. I would imagine that would be true with the MP5 BETA as well.

·
Super Moderator
4,383 Posts
There were one or two in use at the DFW operators course back in April. One was on an HK53, I think the other was on an MP5. They both seemed to work fine.
Both of those beta mags were mine. ;) And yep--I've never had a lick of trouble with either one.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
I have one and have used it in my SW5. No problems at all. In fact, it might even work better than any of the HK mags.

Still waiting to get a sear and test it "the right way".

Oh, and it's one of the clear back type. I really like having a fuel gauge for my mag. ;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Both of those beta mags were mine. ;) And yep--I've never had a lick of trouble with either one.
I've also never had a problem with either of mine m16/hk33/mp5. I have a friend however, how has problems with his mp5 beta all the time, he can't quite get the bullets in the right direction...

·
Super Moderator
4,383 Posts
:350: when we 'rolled' the music on the mp5's at the end, i got carried away :83: and broke the rhythm with my beta .... No issues here.
Yeah--I remember. There were quite a few who "broke the rhythm", but not because of the betas though.:)

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
Oh, and it's one of the clear back type. I really like having a fuel gauge for my mag. ;)
That'll change. Don't get used to your "new" fuel gage. Between the graphite lube and the rounds scraping by, it'll be very opaque in no time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts