HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot about 500 rounds today, towards the end of the day I tried some Black Hills +p+ 124 grain to see if I could feel the difference (I could!!). This must have been what did in my buffer as it looked melted and there was pieces of it all in the trigger pack. The question is regarding shooting the gun after the buffer gave, I probably shot another 150 rounds. Is this hard on the carrier ?

Also what's the best way to install this, it looks tough. I'm going to boil it to try to soften it up a bit. Any other tricks ?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I wouldn't suggest shooting it without the buffer in place. I would think the receiver would be taking alot of the added force- not good when wanting to get long life from a firearm.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I shot about 500 rounds today, towards the end of the day I tried some Black Hills +p+ 124 grain to see if I could feel the difference (I could!!). This must have been what did in my buffer as it looked melted and there was pieces of it all in the trigger pack. The question is regarding shooting the gun after the buffer gave, I probably shot another 150 rounds. Is this hard on the carrier ?

Also what's the best way to install this, it looks tough. I'm going to boil it to try to soften it up a bit. Any other tricks ?
Your MP5 was not made to shoot +p+ loads. If you want to shoot these type loads you can upgrade to the "F" internals. As far as putting the buffer in its very easy. Just put a little grease on the "nose" part of it and it should slip right in.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your MP5 was not made to shoot +p+ loads. If you want to shoot these type loads you can upgrade to the "F" internals. As far as putting the buffer in its very easy. Just put a little grease on the "nose" part of it and it should slip right in.
Yea, I know. I only ran probably 5 +p+ rounds through it. It's amazing it tore it up that quickly. All my other ammo is 115 or 124 grain Fiocchi, American Eagle, Sellier and Bellot, Independence, WWB, and the like. I think the S&B and the Fiocchi are a little on the "hot" side, but nothing that I would worry about.

BTW, I got the new one in. Gotta give a big thanks to Adam at hkparts. He told me to get different replacement parts that wear quicker. I gave him a call tonight and he gave me a few tips. Top notch guy !!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I worded that poorly. I meant parts that tend to wear out faster. Extractor springs, roller retainer plates, buffers, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts