HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
16 is used but not needed for the K. You can you a regular LP in the K though and it will affect the ROF. The SD is different. There is a dedicated LP for the SD and it’s so marked. It should not matter that this is a conversation as opposed to a factory gun as it’s needed for the delayed roller lock to reliably cycle suppressed.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I can't tell from the picture, but are there any unusual marks or gouges on the LP? Also, can you take a well lit pic of the inside of the carrier?

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Doesn’t the bolt head imprint on the face of the bolt carrier indicate the bolt gap was too small or none? Or is that normal from hitting the buffer on recoil?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Doesn’t the bolt head imprint on the face of the bolt carrier indicate the bolt gap was too small or none? Or is that normal from hitting the buffer on recoil?
I think the bolt imprint is an indication of no gap. To help trouble shoot my ejection problem I swapped bolts around. One of the bolts had -4 rollers - which I did not know at the time. I think it took the gap to 0 and beat up the bolt carrier. The imprint likely also caused some deformity of the bolt carrier and would explain why the locking piece did not want to come out of the carrier

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So I have ordered a replacement carrier, SD locking piece and some -2 and -4 rollers to try and close what looked like too much bolt gap. Putting the minus rollers did not close the bolt gap. So after some research here I am seeing my new carrier is hitting the trunion. I assume the old one was too. I keep looking at the receiver and can't tell if there are small cracks in the rail recesses or just the paint is cracked. Is there any more corrective actions I can take or am I going to need to send this to a gunsmith?

Screenshot_20200917-112736_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
391 Posts
So I have ordered a replacement carrier, SD locking piece and some -2 and -4 rollers to try and close what looked like too much bolt gap. Putting the minus rollers did not close the bolt gap. So after some research here I am seeing my new carrier is hitting the trunion. I assume the old one was too. I keep looking at the receiver and can't tell if there are small cracks in the rail recesses or just the paint is cracked. Is there any more corrective actions I can take or am I going to need to send this to a gunsmith?

View attachment 272940
Where is it hitting? And who built it ?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
In the pic I posted today the carrier is touching the trunion. Also in the pics I posted up above on 8-20 you can see some shiney spots on the old carrier where it was hitting the trunion. This is a Fleming converted 94 into a SD

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Maybe a round loaded way beyond spec. had so much pressure, it just cracked the BC? Something anything.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Is there any more corrective actions I can take or am I going to need to send this to a gunsmith?

Kinda feel like I am on a path less traveled by most. If anyone has advice I would like to hear it?

Gun is a fleming converted 94 to SD - it is not a real SD. Also the gun is a 2 stamper. Sear and can. No stand alone SBR

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
I think the bolt imprint is an indication of no gap. To help trouble shoot my ejection problem I swapped bolts around. One of the bolts had -4 rollers - which I did not know at the time. I think it took the gap to 0 and beat up the bolt carrier. The imprint likely also caused some deformity of the bolt carrier and would explain why the locking piece did not want to come out of the carrier
Zero gap won’t do that. All it did to mine was slow it down...big time. My SW-5, eventually had no gap. Would have qualified as a slo-fire, fer sure. Still ran great. “He who couldn’t be named” didn’t believe that it ran at zero, but I sent it in to get adjusted and he tried it before fixing. He thought I had changed the barrel, but I assured him it was original, with close to 900K through it. I finally admitted all rounds were nice, soft round nose 115gr lead. Original SW bolt head and carrier, too. Gun was one of the first ones made... with a cast receiver.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
After getting the new carrier I realized I have more than bolt gap problems. The carrier is contacting the trunion when it goes into battery

21 - 32 of 32 Posts