HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have owned several clones (SW5, ORF RF53, CAI G3) and sold them all due to poor reliablity. Does anyone have any recomendations other than a CA94 in 10mm? I'd really like to pick up an MP5 Semi in 40 S&W or 10mm before the elections next year.

Thanks

Brad;)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Many of us are waiting for the Professional Arms MP5 and is scheduled to be out (HOPEFULLY) by the end of 2008 beginning of 2009. Quality and reliability are rumored to be just as good or better then factory HK. Do a search for more info on the gun.

http://www.professional-arms.com

·
Registered
630 Posts
I'd really like to pick up an MP5 Semi in 40 S&W or 10mm before the elections next year.

Get the VECTOR ARMS one, they now have the 40 cal clones, they are quality built guns. I have 2 of them, HK53 and 89 clone, have had zero problem with them

·
Registered
115 Posts
Props to Uncle Billy,

I have a Vector .40 cal rifle and out of the box, fired 250+ with only 2 FTF (due to some old ammuntion). Even though some others had have some "issues" with thier guns, I can recommend the Vector.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Get an Americna made receiver and MP5 40/10 parts kit and have one built.
My MP5 40 A3 works flawlessly with over 1000 rounds down the pipe.

I really like the mag release and BHO device on the MP5 40/10.

·
Registered
316 Posts
V94 reliability?

While they look good, the Vector clones have their issues See my range report re: the V-94 being a $1,500 "paperweight" right out of the box. It has now been back at Vector for nearly a month and no word from them. (seems to be that for a failure to eject problem they could just slap an entirely new carrier bolt assembly in it and send it right back)

David

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info thus far

Thanks for the input. I had an early SW5 cast reciever and it was so-so. Shot ok but just didn't look right. I really like the 10mm round out of a carbine hence my interest in a MP5 in 10mm. The only source that I can find is a CA94 on Gun Broker. I ultimately want a 10mm but would consider a 40 S&W that was reliable. I like the idea of a fresh custom build but I have no idea of what that would cost if I could find a 10mm receiver to build. Please keep the idea following. Also if someone has a working 10mm that they want to part with I might be intersted?

Brad

·
Registered
630 Posts
I like the idea of a fresh custom build but I have no idea of what that would cost if I could find a 10mm receiver to build.
The parts kit is what is going to really set you back, The kit will probably cost you about what a complete fire goes for, or more. That is not counting the receiver, tax stamp, and build cost, if you plan on having a reputable gunsmith build it. Best guess on my part you are looking at something fast approaching to 3K when all is said and done.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess the big question is do I start from scratch or with a CA94 in 10mm and just hope for the best tweak it and live with it??? My SW did actually fire, eject and fire again. I could also wait for RRA to release their 40 S&W AR15. I really just want a 10mm plinker to have fun with rather than a full time duty weapon. OLYARMs has no mags so that eliminates that option.

Thanks

Brad

·
Registered
390 Posts
No clone will ever be HK quality & you will probably have to replace some of the parts for one to run like it is suppose to. I would also like to have a 10mm MP5 but the ammo is hard to find plus the cost is high.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts