HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will an HK "F" bolt head wok with a action 3 F/A carrier?

·
Registered
432 Posts
To my knowledge there is no Action 3 carrier, just an Action 3 bolt head. Their is also the "F" bolt head and the regular standard bolt head. All HK carriers are interchangeable with HK bolt heads. Off brands I do not know.

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
The carrier with the necked down charging handle tube "thing" on the carrier ... is this a F type or Action 3 type?
I don't know if it's officially called an "F" carrier, but it's also often refered to as the "new style" carrier. I thought the Action 3 bolthead came about before the redesigned "F" carrier, but I could be wrong. If the carrier was introduced with the French guns, then it might be reasonable to call it the "F" carrier. It's a bit like the "F" A3 buttstock...they are components made for the French MP5, but became standard equipment for all standard MP5s.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I don't know if it's officially called an "F" carrier, but it's also often refered to as the "new style" carrier. I thought the Action 3 bolthead came about before the redesigned "F" carrier, but I could be wrong. If the carrier was introduced with the French guns, then it might be reasonable to call it the "F" carrier. It's a bit like the "F" A3 buttstock...they are components made for the French MP5, but became standard equipment for all standard MP5s.
Sounds like the best short history I have seen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts