HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone identify this bolt head? I was told that it was an HK bolt head but I don't want to list it for sale until I know who made it.

Bolt Head 1 copy.jpg Bolt Head 2 copy.jpg

·
Registered
384 Posts
If it has no markings at all its hard to believe it's genuine HK. Any idea how old it might be?
All HK bolts I've seen have some type of markings.

·
Vendor
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty much what I was thinking. The machining is really nice, all the details match to HK machining but no markings.... that's pretty suspect. No idea how old it is but probably at least 10?? It was an LE bolt head. Thanks for your thoughts, I appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
It an older bolthead. I thought German bolt heads had a proof mark on them. RCM and most T.B. bolt heads have some markings on them. It could be a T.B. bolt head. If it works it’s probably not a TB but an early German one.

·
Vendor
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting... how early is "early"? By German do you mean HK or just a good German knock off?

·
Registered
384 Posts
^ do you mean T.B. as in Todd Bailey?

I think even the POF and Malaysian parts have some markings. The machining on yours doesn't look as nice as the real deal German stuff, just being honest. From what Ive seen and the Google images I just pulled up, the real German stuff shows little to no machining marks.

·
Registered
34,559 Posts
Too many machining marks to be HK--- even early, HK MP5 bolt heads were marked (e.g., HK 4/72, IB, IC, ID, IE, IF, II)!!! :wink:

Tony

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Yes, that why I added if it works it’s not one of his. LOL

^ do you mean T.B. as in Todd Bailey?

I think even the POF and Malaysian parts have some markings. The machining on yours doesn't look as nice as the real deal German stuff, just being honest. From what Ive seen and the Google images I just pulled up, the real German stuff shows little to no machining marks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts