HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend with no internet access bought a hi mileage , postie mp5a2 for a bargain price ....now he wants to completely overhaul it ......

he already bought duracoat gray/blue hk paint ,a new bbl and he is planning to get a new carrier and head .....

anybody could tell me if 1988 mp5`s came with action 3 heads ?? and what is the difference between standard and action 3? he don`t get it , me neither .....

thank you !!

Karl

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
If it is a factory gun, he can send it back to HK and have them refurbish it. They will use all factory parts with the latest updated specs. The prices are so much less than retail from like HK parts.

Scott

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,412 Posts
A friend with no internet access bought a hi mileage , postie mp5a2 for a bargain price ....now he wants to completely overhaul it ......

he already bought duracoat gray/blue hk paint ,a new bbl and he is planning to get a new carrier and head .....

anybody could tell me if 1988 mp5`s came with action 3 heads ?? and what is the difference between standard and action 3? he don`t get it , me neither .....

thank you !!

Karl
1988 predates the Action 3 upgrades.
The Action 3 bolt head is different in that it has a bolt face that is redesigned to better aid with the extraction process. It also incorporates a more reinforced roller retainer plate, that is actually wire shaped.

·
Registered
928 Posts
As James stated the MP5 in question will incorporate the original
bolt design but will function flawlessly with normal maintenance.
My SP89 to MP5K-N conversion has never experienced a singal
malfunction with the original bolt group(admittedly I do have an
complete action 3 bolt group as a back up).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts