HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would pass this info along.
I am lucky enough to own 2 full size MP5s, a Vollmer conversion and a Pre-May Dealer sample. My Vollmer gun would function perfectly with any type of ammo except "Truncated cone", flat nose shaped bullets. I had problems with the Win-Clean Winchester range ammo that is total metal case. I wanted to burn it up and get rid of it as I had a lot of it left. I was shooting it in my Pre DS MP5 and noticed that it didn't jam even once. Upon inspection as to why it work in one gun and not the other I discovered this, the Pre DS MP5 had a new type of "Action 3" bolt heads in it and the other Vollmer gun had the original MP5 bolt head without the scallop type cuts on the bolt face of the Action 3 bolt. The Action 3 bolt head seems to work with all types of ammo, including the Truncated cone shaped rounds.
I'm changing the other to the same type of bolt head to work as well as the Pre-sample.
Thought you MP5 owners would like to know...

·
1,204 Posts
That is good to know! The only ammo related FTF's I've seen were with truncated ciones also.

·
Super Moderator
4,386 Posts
I'm using truncated-cone subsonic FMJ rounds with my BW5 SBR w/Fleming Navy pack and Gemtech Trinity suppressor and have had no problems so far. The bolt head in the weapon was pulled from my DOJ HK94 and the ammo works flawlessly. I've put around 500 rounds of this ammo through it without one FTF or FTE and all of this was on full-auto.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Does anyone have a pic of these side by side to help idea them? And is there any difference between a F bolt head and a action 3 one?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I found this old thread lookin to answer a question about ammo. My doc 94 came with a manual, which I actually read. It states never to use other than FMJ. This disappointed me, therefore I went right out and tested it. Sure 'nuf two HP defensive loads jammed. Nothing I've fed in FMJ has had any FTF issues.

I've not discovered any similar stories yet. Comments guys?

PS I did notice the gun likes the nato 124 best of all, 147 worst. enjoy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts