HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you re-assemble a MP5 Bolt???

The Mother F__ing bolt is really pissing me off.......

I just got back from the range with my Omega MP5 pistol. Shot great, field stripped it cleaned it, now the Mother F___ing bolt will not go back together......

Sorry for the rant, I have never had so much trouble putting a bolt back together.......

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I got it back together by putting in the locking piece/firing pin first, then sliding the bolt over it, and FINALLY having it lock back in place.......

·
Registered
461 Posts
Oh how I remember the first time disassembling the bolt and not being able to get it back together again.

I feel your pain.

Written instructions were useless.

Thankfully.... I came across a similar video.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh how I remember the first time disassembling the bolt and not being able to get it back together again.

I feel your pain.

Written instructions were useless.

Thankfully.... I came across a similar video.

The bolt came apart very easily. At that point, I felt it would go back together just as easily.........or so I thought........Grrrrrrrrr........

Now that I "figured it out", I have been taking it apart/re-assembling it, many times now.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have a small block of wood on my bench. I push the carrier catch spring lever down on an edge of it while turning bolt head. Makes it easy to turn as the catch spring pressure is released.

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
I have a small block of wood on my bench. I push the carrier catch spring lever down on an edge of it while turning bolt head. Makes it easy to turn as the catch spring pressure is released.
The 9mm bolt head, the topic of the thread, does not have the lever. Good idea for the rifle calibers though.
I don't use anything aside from fingers to reassemble my rifle caliber bolt groups. As said above, knowing the tricks makes all the difference in the world.
I don't live on the boards but I have to admit, having seen what seems like hundreds of threads asking about how to get a 91/93 bolt group back together or what to do about popped out rollers, this is the first time ever that I've seen someone asking about how to reassemble the pistol caliber bolt group.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I started out with a PTR, so when I first took my MP5 clone apart I was sure something with the bolt was broken it was so easy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts