HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have been around the forum for awhile. But just recently registered. I have been wanting a MP5 for quite some time and decided to go ahead and get one.

The parts kit should be here next week. I may have made a mistake on the receiver. I bought a receiver already welded from Black Market Parts. Through all of the searching that I have done lately. It looks like many think these receivers aren't the best quality. I am hoping that this is not the case with the current receivers. But if necessary I will get a LSC flat for my build.

It looks like I will be having one of the companies that do the majority of the HKPRO members builds to the work. I sent a email to one of them so far for info. For members that have recently had a MP5 build. How long of a wait time did you have before you got your weapon back?

I mainly posted to say hi. If anyone has any info that may help with my build. Please let me know.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I had Joe @ Dakota Tactical (Chopstix Kid) do my build. He is a one man show and it takes some time once in que for a build. Have not seen any work from the other builders first hand, but Joe is putting out first rate weapons. Would tell you to get it to them ASAP and wait for the day it arrives. Well worth the wait.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I had Joe @ Dakota Tactical (Chopstix Kid) do my build. He is a one man show and it takes some time once in que for a build. Have not seen any work from the other builders first hand, but Joe is putting out first rate weapons. Would tell you to get it to them ASAP and wait for the day it arrives. Well worth the wait.
Ghilliebear and Gerard on the boards both do really good work at good prices and reasonable timeframes. They can tweak your receiver or if it's too far out, roll a new one for you.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Hi Phil,

I can assure you that if you are patient enough for one of my builds that it will top any other U.S. made clone available today, and they are only about $350 more than some of the other popular brands. If I make a mistake during the build process, I correct what I have done wrong. I do not attempt work-around fixes hoping that the customer doesn't know any better.

I have partnered with HKParts.net, the country's largest HK Authorized Parts Distributor. All of the parts that I use, German and U.S. made come from them and as such you can be assured that if there are issues with build parts, it will be taken care of BEFORE you get the firearm in your hands.

Each firearm I build is QA'd after each step which helps maintain the high levels of quality that my firearms are known for. My firearms are also parkerized prior to Duracoating. Most builders simply paint the inside of the receiver incorrectly claiming that HK does not pre-treat their receivers.

So if you don't mind a 6-8 month wait, an occasional ignored phone call or email (but I will always respond) and approx $350 more in cost, you will end up with one of the most highly regarded 9mm roller-lock firearms available.

Thanks,
Joe

EDIT: +1 for Gerard Miller. If I did not build them myself, I would have Gerard build mine he is one of the few that holds his work to the same high standards as myself.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Thanks everyone for the info. What is the going rate for a build including a refinish?
My 9mm roller-lock firearms run between $2500-$3200 depending on variant and U.S./German parts choices. German demilled kit guns ship with new furniture and extractor springs.

If you supply the parts/kit, build labor only is $995 plus shipping and does indeed include a full refinish of all parts with exception of the recoil rod. Check out my gallery in the Dakota Tactical forum for detailed photos.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My 9mm roller-lock firearms run between $2500-$3200 depending on variant and U.S./German parts choices. German demilled kit guns ship with new furniture and extractor springs.
Is that the price for a firearm that you supply the parts kit on or ?

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Is that the price for a firearm that you supply the parts kit on or ?
Yes, that is complete, shipped as a pistol and includes 1 factory German 30-rnd magazine where not prohibited by law.

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
Welcome Phil. I have a sw gun that has had everything replaced except receiver,trunnion and cocking tube. Next gun, LSC flat. Read every one else's posts so not to make the same mistakes. There is a wealth of knowledge on this site.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

If you supply the parts/kit, build labor only is $995 plus shipping and does indeed include a full refinish of all parts with exception of the recoil rod. Check out my gallery in the Dakota Tactical forum for detailed photos.

Thanks,
Joe
Sounds good. I will contact you for details. Thank you for all the help.

Welcome Phil. I have a sw gun that has had everything replaced except receiver,trunnion and cocking tube. Next gun, LSC flat. Read every one else's posts so not to make the same mistakes. There is a wealth of knowledge on this site.
I may have to put the receiver I got on Gunbroker and get a LSC flat.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have read nothing but great things about dakota tacticals mp5 clones, and of course the pictures speak for volumes. But for me i am so impatient, i couldn't stand the 6 month wait, considering i have been gathering parts for the past 3 months. I just sent my parts to ghilliebear, he was able to give me a fairly quick turn around time and a fair price. His work looks great, and again have hearn nothing but good things. I have no idea if one is better than another, for me it came down to timing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went ahead and ordered a LSC flat today. I would like to have a great looking and functioning build. I plan on keeping it for a long time. I am hoping to have the parts kit and flat this week. I'm already pretty excited about it. I don't know how in the world that I can wait 6 to 8 months though.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Joe did some work for me too. He does a great job and he doesn't mind answering questions. I think you will be glad you used him.

Sean

1 - 19 of 19 Posts