HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been playing with the idea of making a bumpfire stock by using a 91 stock, metal endcap and lower and a piece of key stock for a tranfer arm.
The grip is now mounted to the stock via the tranfer arm and the stock will move forward and back via the dowel and linear bearing.
I know it will work and thought I'd share this idea with everyone. I know a lot of guys are mechanically inclined enough to make something like this.
My pic is just a doodle, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I just have serious issues with bumpfire stocks because there isn't a hammer disconnector in semi-triggers and it's just asking for an OOB.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
I just have serious issues with bumpfire stocks because there isn't a hammer disconnector in semi-triggers and it's just asking for an OOB.
May I ask what a OOB is?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
May I ask what a OOB is?
He's talking about (out of battery fire) It can be a problem with AK's because the firing pin is mounted in a stem that rides back and forth in the carrier, but the HK is different and would not allow OOB fire because of the different bolt design. The HK bolt has to be closed before the hammer can make contact with the firing pin. Hence, "no" out of battery firing problem.

·
Registered
893 Posts
He's talking about (out of battery fire) It can be a problem with AK's because the firing pin is mounted in a stem that rides iback and forth in the carrier, but the HK is different and would not allow OOB fire because of the different bolt design. The HK bolt has to be closed before the hammer can make contact with the firing pin. Hence, "no" out of battery firing problem.
IIRC, the firing pin also won't go forward enough to hit the primer until the bolt has gone back far enough on the locking piece so that the rollers are out.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well, I'll be damned.
My doodle is very basic. I have a few changes in mind, compared to what Bill Atkins has done.
They just aren't in the basic drawing I posted.

P.S. I looked at Bill's patent and it was never updated from when the ATF outlawed the springs in his stocks, but if you build these to sell he will sue and he has deep pockets for lawyers. How do I know this? Well, let's just say Bill and I have had words before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts