HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the range yesterday to zero the Aimpoint for my MP5. I am using the ARMS G3 claw mount (no my finish doesn't look like someone did the river dance on it). When firing on semi or bursts there where no problems. On full auto the mount kept coming loose unless I kept tightening it. I was thinking of putting a drop of "liquid nail" between the rotating portion and quick release bar. It seems as thought the vibration causes the quick release bar to come off the ledge.

Any suggestions?

I didn't loose my zero when I remounted the sight.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Loctite

I was shooting my M4 this weekend when I was not shooting my MP5. The shock generated by my M4 vibrated my eotech sight and RRA rail loose.

I added a few drops of loctite and that should do the trick. I would not use liquid nail.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have used my ARMS mount on my MP5s and HK33s under many rounds of full auto. I have never had it come loose. I would send it into ARMS for a checkup.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Called ARMS Inc today. They no longer manufacter the G3 MP5 Claw Mount. It is now subcontracted to Mounting Solutions Plus.

Be advised!!! NOT all ARMS G3 mounts have been manufactered by ARMS or their subcontractors. GG&G made a mount that is identical but not of the same quality. GG&G also stamped their mounts "ARMS". The ARMS mounts will have a number "9" on the right side of the mount to the right of the arrow (showing which direction to place the mount). There is a federal lawsuit going on as we speak. Luckily I got the mount for nothing.

I have purchased GG&G products in the past. They do live up to their ****ty rep.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts