HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At about $25 each, are the HK barrel flute brush, chamber face brush, and receiver/mag brush worth it? Recommended? Has someone found cheaper or better brushes?

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
I think the flute brush is a must. Look at E&L Manufacturing. They have a nice chamber face package complete with rod + brush for inside the receiver.

·
Registered
644 Posts
+1 for kwesi.... I purchased some brushes from E&L and while the flute brush isn't an absolute must, it is like having a seat on a bike- there when you need it and it will make you glad that you have it.
I think the flute brush is a must. Look at E&L Manufacturing. They have a nice chamber face package complete with rod + brush for inside the receiver.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Curtis Higgins made a nice handle for me to use with an SD barrel brush. Take a look;

·
Registered
833 Posts
Got my entire combo set at E&L for $29.95, definitely worth it. Saves a lot of time and aggravation.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
At about $25 each, are the HK barrel flute brush, chamber face brush, and receiver/mag brush worth it? Recommended? Has someone found cheaper or better brushes?
If was only getting one, it would be the chamber face brush. On 223 one can make do with a USGI chamber brush and use the steel brush part for the locking lugs to do some of the cleaning, however, the "HK" face brush being larger still works better.

If you are using a larger diameter pistol brush to clean the chamber, make sure it does not have cut steel wire ends of the center support that may damage something and a brass core / support wire would be best (factory chamber brush has a front section that fits the bore).

For either the face brush or chamber brush you need a short (medium) length rod that does not turn, a M16 handle and rod section or two (second for a handle) will work, may need an adapter for threads.

Have run across other round brushes that fit the receiver and mag, over the last thirty years ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
I feel like an idiot. But I just got my first chamber face brush..How do I get the new brush into the trunion. With all the wires everywhere, I cant get it in to actually get it in to touch the chamber face

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Lol. It came new w/ a spread that was about the same size as the entire face. Also. Any good rod reccomendations that do spin freely that I can put some pressure on?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts