HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently gotten the idea into my head that that I need an MP5. A quick price check tells me that the real deal is way out of my price range, so a clone it is. As the title suggests the weapon in question will have a stock, thus 922r comes into play. According to my understanding of the matter, there are several makes of clones available which for the most part are sold as pistols. Coharie, MKE/ATI, Special Weapons, Vector Arms seem to come up on google searching, but appear to have less then stellar reports as to their reliability. It is also my understanding that some of the best clones are made by Dakota Tactical, Parabellum Combat Systems, or Investment Grade Firearms. As far as I can tell these manufacturers advertise their weapons as having all German made H&K parts, which is kind of counter-productive if I'm going to be just removing a bunch of parts in order to put a stock on the weapon. Basically I would like to know if there are any manufacturers of MP5 clones that have the requisite number of US made parts stock.

Thanks, Nomad
(I apologize if this is a repeat post; I tried to do some research but my google-fu is notoriously poor)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
If you supply the parts, I would think that any of the builders you listed above would do the build for you. The all HK guns (-Receiver) are just parts kits sent in for assembly. Best bet is to contact them individually and tell them what you want.

Best,

TC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts