HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Looking for some suggestions on optics for an mp5 clone. Currently I'm using an eotec 512 and it is awesome. At the same time it is very big, and kind of looks out of place on an mp5 sbr clone. I know there are smaller eotech's but I'm thinking I'd ask what others experienced with similar type holo sights. Are there any that are smaller, still have the same sighting like an eotech ( the fast paralax free acquisition) that I should consider? The eotech is also quite pricy for a 9mm rifle and kind of feels a bit wasteful. I'm hoping some things will come together and the curent eotech will make its way to a c93 if I can manage to swing it :)

Thanks,
Ry

·
Registered
87 Posts
yesterday i picked up my MP5 and HK53 both by Ralph @ RDTS and within a hour bought 2 Eotech XPS-3,s and low profile MFI extended mounts from HL PARTS. Go to Eotechs and Aimpoints web sites for tech data and pricing, the 512 runs 400.00, the XPS-3 or the H-1, or T-1 are all 550-640.00. For that price range these are minis that are rugged,tech-advanced and fit your MP5 nicely. P.S send your 512 to HK93 heaven and feel the balance return to your life (LOL) good luck.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm currently using a Sightmark Ultra-shot.

It too is a bit large for the MP5.

I'm hoping to come across something smaller but with the same reticle options, of course reliable.... and under $200.

For over 2000rds, my Sightmark has performed well and holds zero (close enough) even when removed then replaced.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Pentico, That does look nice and much smaller than my eotech. I had been looking at their mini shot shot though I was not too pleased about the single dot reticle.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Im looking for a mount to use a zeiss zpoint that i have, any input? I have ordered the troy industries forarm and rail that is still in production, but i would like to find something to use for a while.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Not Eotech / Eotech reticle, but the Bushnell TRS25 is a nice sight for the money.

Very compact and holds zero, good warranty and battery life.

Not combat rugged like Aimpoint, but more than suitable for range use.

I have had no issues using on 9mm.

YMMV.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
EOTech 511's are well under $400. Have even seen some under $300 from time to time.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Not Eotech / Eotech reticle, but the Bushnell TRS25 is a nice sight for the money.

Very compact and holds zero, good warranty and battery life.

Not combat rugged like Aimpoint, but more than suitable for range use.

I have had no issues using on 9mm.

YMMV.
I have a bushnell also, Lumberg is correct, they are good sights for cheap.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
What about a Leuopold deltapoint reflex sight? Smaller, still expensive, but good build.

·
Registered
904 Posts
So what is an inexpensive top rail for mp5k.?? I'm gunna pick up one of those Bushnells as well for when I get my djf build.

I got the XPS2 on my ACR, just don't want to drop the coin on this.

Sent by "TheNexus" from the future on SkyNet

·
Registered
364 Posts
Joe where did you see 511 for that little ? 512 here is 399.99 cheapest I have ever seen
511 have been discontinued, by L3. But you can find them occasionally on Ebay in the sub $300s. Most 512s are $400+ new around here and on line. Im getting ready to put a 512 on Ebay for $350.00 it will not last long.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
511 have been discontinued, by L3. But you can find them occasionally on Ebay in the sub $300s. Most 512s are $400+ new around here and on line. Im getting ready to put a 512 on Ebay for $350.00 it will not last long.
This. Just have to keep your eye open. Good price for that 512 too.

·
Registered
339 Posts
So what is an inexpensive top rail for mp5k.?? I'm gunna pick up one of those Bushnells as well for when I get my djf build.

I got the XPS2 on my ACR, just don't want to drop the coin on this.

Sent by "TheNexus" from the future on SkyNet
Well, if you're getting an Aimpoint Micro or clone then the obvious choice would be a Brugger & Thomet HK Aimpoint low profile mount since it is the only mount I've found that will allow you to co-witness with the irons.

Personally, I didn't mount optics on my MP5K-PDW because I wanted to keep it as compact as possible. Also, because the MP5K is so short, the mount gets positioned too close to the cocking handle for comfort. Below is a comparison shot I took of the Brugger & Thomet Aimpoint mount and the MFI Low Profile mount. The MFI would actually rub against the cocking handle when you pulled the handle up to lock it -- you need to be careful so you won't pinch your hand! With both the MFI and B&T mounts, it is difficult (but not impossible) to do the "HK slap" without hitting the mount.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I like the look of the sightmark but what is the reticle ? just a dot ? and what mount to use
Several to choose from. I like options rather than just a dot.
The cross hairs reticle allow me to quickly compensate for close up shots... just aim using the bottom tip of the cross hair for targets less than 25ft.

I have the QD version that comes with an integrated weaver mount.
Nice and easy to remove the optic in case of failure.

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
Another inexpensive sight is the C-More rail sight... Midway has 'em on sale now. Just picked one up for another Mac.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
As has the Bushnell holosight which is an eotech minus the housing. Too many people were buying those instead of eotech's for civi use. Optics planet has NIB 512's with scope cover and battery for $415 and they always send me discounts of 10% = $373 with free shipping.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts