HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I own a clone I was thinking about putting on one of the el cheapo surefire clones from the uncompany.com. I was wondering if they would work on a real firearm. Or are they only made for clones and will not fit. Please don't flame I just wanted to see if I liked it before I drop on a real one.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm going to guess that you paid close to 4 figures for your clone, right? Just spring for the real-deal Surefire lighted fore end with all the $$$ you saved over buying a real HK. :D

Keep checking the For Sale ads and buy a used one. If it doesn't work for some reason, Surefire offers a No Questions Asked Lifetime warranty.

I bought a really rough one, which was severely misrepresented (by Dana Reed no less, before I knew of his bad rep) for about $125 and called Surefire to ask how much it would cost to refurbish the pressure switch as the rubber was completely dry-rotted away (slight wear my backside!). They gave me a RA number and said to mail it in and it would be fixed free of charge.

WOW!

When I received it back I saw that they also, unexpectedly, replaced the entire light assembly as it was really scarred from muzzle blast though still entirely functional. It was suddenly as nice as they day it left their factory including the two fresh batteries they also installed in it.

And if you do ever decide to sell it, you will not lose any money on it as they tend to hold their resale value quite well.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have sent several used Surefire 628's back that have come from PD's and had a lot of wear on them, Surefire has done a lot of work on them for free, no questions ask, and I did not ask them to do so. You ask why Surefire cost so much, because they stand behind there product for LIFE. For all the work they have done for me I will continue to use, recommend, and sell there products. You can pick up used ones from $75-$175 depending on condition.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts