HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Researching and looking around, it appears that many of these have their share of problems, and would most likely require some work.

I was looking at perhaps modifying them and turning one into an SBR with an A2 stock. Does anyone have some recommendations on which brands would be a good starting point on such a project?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Really depends on how much you wanna spend. If it was me I would spend the extra cash and get a custom built gun from one of the builders on this site. I own a dakota tactical built mp5 navy and its flawless, I run the **** out of it with my fleming sear and a suppressor. Still has not giving me any problems to date.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a Turner Fabrications clone with an A2 stock and it has run flawless and looks good. I bought it as a pistol and did a form 1 as a SBR.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you can find an MKE AT94K,
All you will need is the paperwork, and 922r parts, one of which would be the US made A2 Stock....

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Keep in mind that these guns are NOT finely crafted Holland & Holland firearms but stamped steel. Having said that, they are made to withstand a tremendous amount of abuse and were designed to withstand the rigors of war and remain functional. Today, the clones available PCS, Getz, Dakota and MKE.(major players) are all very well made functional and amazingly accurate. Some are prettier than others and prices vary. The MKE's are factory licensed mfg'ed and non-domestic and for now, not readily made to accept a sear but there are MKE's that do. So this may be a non-issue in the future. The other makes, no problem with a sear. It is your decision as to how much you want to spend and in the for sale section on this site sometimes good deals can be had. There are pics of all makers examples listed on this site as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts