HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy an MP5 but not sure what the best way to go about it is. I was thinking either going with a PTR 9C and replacing most of the parts with HK parts or buying a flat and barrel and having someone else roll and weld it with the barrel attached. Any input or better ways? Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Probably going to be much cheaper to get the PTR 9C depending on your budget. They have a good warranty department at PTR if something goes wrong or is out of spec. I have first hand experience (with a KT due to needing a different locking piece to suppress) and even though it was frustrating that it wasn't 100% at the start, it was made right!

PTR is a good buy and a good company. If you can afford and find an SP5, that would be the best route.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll look around for the SP5 but it does seem expensive and harder to find. It might save me some money in the long run though if I do find one. Are they making more batches of them?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Are you wanting to have a sear in the future?

Also you mentioned the PTR 9c in particular. Unless you're in a state where threaded barrels are considered assault barrels you'd be better off with a 9ct.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Possible yes, I would like to have a sear someday. I wasn't sure of the difference between the 9c and the 9ct but a threaded barrel would be better.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I’ve been pleased with both my PTR 9CT and 9KT bought this year. That’s not necessarily a bad price.

·
HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
1,220 Posts
Remember, even though if you were to replace all the internals with German parts, still won’t make it an HK. And all money spent to get it there won’t make it any more valuable if time came to sell. The release of the SP5 has caused the clones to go down in value in today’s market. The price you stated you can get one for reflects that. I have one NIB and regret buying it just for that reason. You would be much better off taking that money spent for gun and upgrades and putting towards an SP5. If you can’t find one, maybe a custom clone like from Parabellum Combat Systems. Both will run out of the box and have far superior components. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will call around and look for an sp5. Definitely would be better having an hk receiver but the price on them are pretty high.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did a search on the ptr and some of them seem to have problems but the warranty does help a lot. I might be able to get an SP5 for a good price but the only problem is it isn't sear ready. The zenith's seem to be out of stock everywhere.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If I was on a tight budget, a PTR or PCS (I have one of these by the way) would be the choice. If I was spending over $2500 then I might as well spend a few hundred dollars more for the HK. I'm not saying the Zenith is bad though.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I’m the minority who votes for the omegas. I guess its like I’m the guy who dates fat chicks around here. But seriously I shoot the piss out of them in full auto with no problems, haven’t changed a thing

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I’m the minority who votes for the omegas. I guess its like I’m the guy who dates fat chicks around here. But seriously I shoot the piss out of them in full auto with no problems, haven’t changed a thing
I've wanted to pick one up for at least a year and can't ever find any in stock. To be clear, the Omega, not the fat chick...

·
Registered
332 Posts
I've wanted to pick one up for at least a year and can't ever find any in stock. To be clear, the Omega, not the fat chick...
She definitely puts out, that’s for sure.

There’s a lot of snootiness that comes along with these rollerlocked guns and most people will not trust the omegas since it’s made by todd baileys brother. But they are good stuff

·
HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
1,220 Posts
I did a search on the ptr and some of them seem to have problems but the warranty does help a lot. I might be able to get an SP5 for a good price but the only problem is it isn't sear ready. The zenith's seem to be out of stock everywhere.

Do you have a sear now or plan on getting one? There are work around's for the HK to be sear ready if so. But just to make an observation, you are quibbling about spending a grand or more for the SP5 in one sentence but are spending 30 grand in another for a sear. If you don't plan on getting a sear but still want a weapon that will run forever and hold its value, spend the money only once and get the HK. They are what Harley's once were, money in the bank. Just one mans $.02.

PS, Curious, what do you consider a good price? And, if you don't want to buy it, why not pay it forward and let someone on here have a shot at it. Just a thought...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you have a sear now or plan on getting one? There are work around's for the HK to be sear ready if so. But just to make an observation, you are quibbling about spending a grand or more for the SP5 in one sentence but are spending 30 grand in another for a sear. If you don't plan on getting a sear but still want a weapon that will run forever and hold its value, spend the money only once and get the HK. They are what Harley's once were, money in the bank. Just one mans $.02.

PS, Curious, what do you consider a good price? And, if you don't want to buy it, why not pay it forward and let someone on here have a shot at it. Just a thought...
No I don't currently have a sear but I like to plan for the future. I do plan on getting the SP5 at the moment and the price is suppose to be $2300. Do you have a link to the work arounds with the HK? Thanks

1 - 20 of 41 Posts