HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Why do MP5 LEO magazines marked as such sell for a premium?

I know AR15/M16 magazines from the "94-"04 era are marked with a similar message restricting them to official government/military/police use.
But the AR/M16 magazines I have marked as such did not sell for a premium.

:unsure:

RCA

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
4,050 Posts
People like the way they look. Plus they made way less of them then pre or post ban. That's it
This. It's just one of those things that us HK folks get hung up on that makes little practical sense and is essentially meaningless but somehow we perseverate on it and spend big bucks to make ours. We obviously don't use them, lest we devalue them. We simply relish in knowing we own them, occasionally caressing them lovingly, and continue to stoke our inner fires of greed and lust for more of them. For we can never have enough of a good thing... At least that's what I hear.
Smile Facial expression Vertebrate Jaw Happy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:LOL:
I get it.
Same can be said for rare items in just about any type of collecting.
I guess the ban era M16 mags don't sell for a premium because they made millions during that period for police/government/military which have hit surplus.

RCA

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
The cops can still take your pre-ban magazines in California unless you can prove you owned them before the ban. The date stamp doesn’t count.
simple solution is GTFO of California.

things there are so bad that even though i am wanting to take an alaskan cruise, the only ports my line sails out of is SF and Portland. i refuse to give either area a singe red cent of my money.

·
Registered
83 Posts
simple solution is GTFO of California.

things there are so bad that even though i am wanting to take an alaskan cruise, the only ports my line sails out of is SF and Portland. i refuse to give either area a singe red cent of my money.
Oh I moved to Kansas last year.

A disease-ridden cruise ship is definitely at the bottom of my list of ways to use my vacation days. Then again we all have our opinions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts