HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have no idea who made this forend, what model it might be, or if LED conversion is possible. It takes a single 123 battery. Any idea what make/model it might be and how I'd figure out if LED conversion is possible?

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
It is a Surefire but the neck of the light is cut down to a single cell.

You can get them new from Surefire: Rifle / SMG Forend WeaponLights

You can find them on eBay and Amazon.

A really great aftermarket head is made by Malkoff Devices and is a 1/2 price Made in the USA head for the Surefire handguards. Fits with most suppressors too!

https://malkoff-devices.myshopify.com/products/malkoff-mdsffe-2-forend-light-to-fit-surefire

I went with the 1-cell Malkoff specifically to fit my suppressor. Otherwise I'd go with the 2-cell Malkoff head.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Outstanding! Thank you so much for the quick info and links. You made it easy for me. I appreciate the photo also as I'll end up with a very similar setup so it'll limit me to the one cell.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Happy to help!

Be forewarned that the 3-lug adapter on the Gemtech Raptor (pictured) is 30mm in diameter and the light head touches it. If your intended suppressor's 3-lug mount is even 1mm larger, it's not going to fit.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an Octane 9mm can. It looks like it should fit. The downside to the Malkoff website is now I have to also buy some other conversions for my abandoned maglites that I have laying around!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The light fits and is very bright compared to the old head. Here are some pics. The photo makes it look like everything is touching but there is just enough room to clear.

I put the lighted hand guard on to test fit but here's how I usually shoot it. The light will go on a different clone.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Sweet! Looks great! Thanks for posting back, it's always great to see when something works out. :wink:

What is that laser device?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts