HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my mp5 I noticed last time I cleaned I could not get the locking piece out of the carrier it rotated fine and would go back together and function perfect F/A Semi. So I dropped in Sonic cleaner thinking it might be some carbon build up etc came out as clean as could be but still could not get the LP and firing pin and spring out. Put it back together still firing fine. So I got some Kroil in this week thought that might help let it soak seemed to free it up just a bit but still would not come out freely got a pair of channel locks and a screw driver and finally got it to come out a little then finally all the way. Cleaned inside the carrier and the LP till it looked new w/Kroil (some good stuff) Oiled it back up and now the LP wont go back in its like its too big took a hammer and same channel locks and forced/beat it back on/in turns freely and functions fine but wont come back out again. Anyone got any ideas? Am I missing something simple? any other bolt head and carrier and LP have always come out freely on all other guns........

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Channel locks and a hammer??

·
HK Shooting Team
2,820 Posts
Factory HK bolt carrier group????? Tell the truth!

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Channel locks and a hammer??
Yep and don't forget the screw driver.............lemmeee guess you think you can hurt those parts?

Factory HK bolt carrier group????? Tell the truth!
Yes JC date code not sure on the LP (not marked) was built by PCS on a german parts kit so I assume so...........Truth? Do you have reason to believe I wouldn't?

Anyway I talked with Jeff he is going to look at it make sure everything still within spec an polish up the inside of the carrier as he said it should go in by hand and come out by hand. That is another reason I like dealing with Jeff he stands behind all his work and has never not taken my call or gotten back to me within a day I will up date when I get it back........
View attachment 86521 View attachment 86529 View attachment 86537 View attachment 86545 View attachment 86553

1 - 6 of 6 Posts