HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
There were some PD mags I saw recently that had that cut out. I think I remember it having to do with simmunition use. I will see if I can find it again.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Could be that they were modded to clear the pin that was welded on the inside of the mag wells on some of the MKE clones. The pin prevented use of a high cap mag.

·
Registered
642 Posts
MP5 Mag.... num. I like where this is going. Ha. Okay, not a gunsmith or even 'good' like some of these folks but the cut out on the mags is probably for clearance. The MP5 is a hard gun to make unless you know what your doing. Early 80's .22lr were cappy and I have some experiences with 'fixing' them. I never cut out anything, but sometimes hammering or tapping the magazines would make it feed more better. Or also, 'smoothing' internal parts was a good thing to do. (More better- isn't that an industry term?)

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
There were some PD mags I saw recently that had that cut out. I think I remember it having to do with simmunition use. I will see if I can find it again.
I remember seeing that post too. You are right about it stating that the poster claimed the cuts were for simunition use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts