HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just purchased an MP5SD and am waiting on the papers to go through. Now for the accessory shopping. First and foremost is the mags. Are there reliable clones for magazines or does everybody just buy HK mags for the MP5? Also..who has the best prices for magazines? all help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Cole Distributing has the best price on used mags. For new you can go with Gordon Miller. Almost everyone uses HK/military mags.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Also don't forget Adam Weber.

hkparts.net

·
Registered
5 Posts
Peruse the classifieds on gun forums. I haven't paid more than $25 for any of the 30 rd curved HK mags I have. Granted, they're all used, but sure beats $50-$60 a pop.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Reliable MP-5 Mags

Occassionally you may see MCP or LIQ 40rd mags. These work as reliably as HK mags. They are the ONLY aftermarket mags that do so. MCP (Max Capacity Products) mags will have a small MCP where the date code would normally be. They used to advertize in SGN in late 80s-early 90s. When they decided to quit civilian sales they mailed out flyers to previous customers. Their unassembled mags were bought and sold as LIQ mags. I bought their mags nad then bought additional mags when they quit. I use these instead of my HK mags and have done so since 1992. Their 30rd HK91/G3 mags work excellent too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Occassionally you may see MCP or LIQ 40rd mags. These work as reliably as HK mags. They are the ONLY aftermarket mags that do so. MCP (Max Capacity Products) mags will have a small MCP where the date code would normally be. They used to advertize in SGN in late 80s-early 90s. When they decided to quit civilian sales they mailed out flyers to previous customers. Their unassembled mags were bought and sold as LIQ mags. I bought their mags nad then bought additional mags when they quit. I use these instead of my HK mags and have done so since 1992. Their 30rd HK91/G3 mags work excellent too.
@ r: thanks for the answer ;)

I have post this question on this same corner here (a few posts lower- newbie sign in) but you just gave me the answer!

Those are the 40 rds mag's you're talking about?

·
Registered
230 Posts
If you shop around, I just usually check the parts board here and on sturmgewehr.com, you will see good prices on HK factory date-coded mags. Buy those when you see a good price and forget about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts