HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is the better bolt carrier for the use in the MP5-N with KAC Suppressor using 158gr. Fiocchi and un-surpressed with 124gr. NATO?

1) HK German Action 3 Full Auto Carrier
2) HK German MP5F Full Auto Carrier

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I'm curious as to what the real differences are between carriers. From what I gather, the F carrier has a tapered front, and no retaining ring in the rear to capture the recoil rod. I'm not sure if there's any real benefit or need to upgrade.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm curious as to what the real differences are between carriers. From what I gather, the F carrier has a tapered front, and no retaining ring in the rear to capture the recoil rod. I'm not sure if there's any real benefit or need to upgrade.
The "F" carrier has Tungsten and is a bit heavier to help with the +P & +P+ ammo.

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Which is the better bolt carrier for the use in the MP5-N with KAC Suppressor using 158gr. Fiocchi and un-surpressed with 124gr. NATO?

1) HK German Action 3 Full Auto Carrier
2) HK German MP5F Full Auto Carrier

Jack

I am pretty sure HK does not recommend shooting 158 gr ammo in the MP5. That said, I think I would go for the "F" carrier if
I were going to use that weight ammo. I think I would make sure that the pointy end of the trip lever was "bobbed", too.
Doing that keeps it from jamming into the back of your mag due to the heavy recoil and is one of the MP5F differences from
a regular MP5 along with the braded firing pin spring.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've read a lot of folks saying that 158gr. ammo is not good but from the ballistics from Fiocchi the ammo is not hot like the IMI stuff? I can't see any difference in the back pressure from the suppressor, as any type ammo will give you back pressure with the use of a suppressor. So why is the 158gr. not recommended?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts