HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello -

I am sure this is covered somewhere, and I just can't quite find where, but is there a comparison showing the differences between these 3 models? I am about to SBR a HK94 and trying to figure out which I want to build it out as. Thanks!

Best,

·
Registered
53 Posts
The N denotes Navy, for the navy style trigger group. (ambidextrous, usually pictogram) It does not specify the stock type though.

A3 is the SEF style, contoured trigger group with a collapsing stock.

A5 is Navy style trigger group with collapsing stock.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Its worth saying that as far as engraving goes you have mp5 and mp5-n. So it really depends on which you want. Most will make the decision of those based on if you have a 3 lug barrel or a 3 lug barrel with threading at the end.

Who are you going to have do the work? Also personally while it might take longer I'd have a smith do the conversion and form 2 the gun. That way their name is on it, not yours as they are collector guns that will hold value.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I could be wrong but I believe this only really applies to the K models since all standard MP5s H&K made are all 3 lug threaded
No they are not. Plenty of mp5s didn't come with threaded barrels. The F guns didn't either when they first came out either.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
"N" simply denotes the 1/2x32 threaded barrel option on either the standard or the K model, they will both still have the 3-lug as well.

This is really the only thing "N" denotes as they can be ordered with your choice of stocks sights, etc.

A true "Navy" MP5 as built for USNSW was A3 stock, threaded barrel, with pictogram three position lower (safe semi full) and the tritium night sights, thus the Navy model.

Seal mp5.jpg

seal mp5 2.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its worth saying that as far as engraving goes you have mp5 and mp5-n. So it really depends on which you want. Most will make the decision of those based on if you have a 3 lug barrel or a 3 lug barrel with threading at the end.

Who are you going to have do the work? Also personally while it might take longer I'd have a smith do the conversion and form 2 the gun. That way their name is on it, not yours as they are collector guns that will hold value.
Gentlemen -

Thank you for your clear responses. So it seems like ultimately I would like an MP5-A5 with a trilug barrel or adapter, as I would like the most up do date version of a "classic" MP5 (if you will) for my first build.

I have not chosen a smith to do the work as of yet, I was considering TPM & RDTS only because those are two that I am aware of from Instagram. I welcome all suggestions. Thanks!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Personally I'd sent it to TSC Machine. You can see their picture thread on here and you can get Mike or Tammy on the phone. Get a 4 position trigger housing unclipped and pin and have them clip and pin it when they do your gun. Just add an fbi 2 position ambi trigger pack in it. Honestly I'd just have them cut down the stock barrel, up to you if you prefer the navy style threaded barrel or not. Either way it will be 3 lugged unless you for some reason told them not too. You could have them install a mp5/mp5n barrel or a mp5f barrel if you really wanted or a new b&t barrel.

Picture thread

Edit: You can see some of my guns that have been done in that thread. I think if I didn't send something to him I might talk to S&H next. I don't have a lot of dealings with Curtis but he has been good to talk to when I have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts