HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently acquired an mp5 Navy (0,1,f) ambi trigger group with selectors. It came in the original hk housing clipped and pinned oddly. Neither the housing nor trigger pack look used at all.

Curious as to their worth. I am considering selling the pack and buying an fbi 0,1 pack.

If anyone has any idea what these are worth that would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
The FBI and Navy pack are identical once the semi auto modifications have been made. The only differences is the selector is only cut for safe and semi positions only and the corresponding grip frame won't have full auto markings

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The FBI and Navy pack are identical once the semi auto modifications have been made. The only differences is the selector is only cut for safe and semi positions only and the corresponding grip frame won't have full auto markings
Any idea what it is worth? Would I be able to use the FBI pack with the navy selectors that I currently have?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Any idea what it is worth? Would I be able to use the FBI pack with the navy selectors that I currently have?
The navy pack alone if it is unmodified and in working order might be worth a couple hundred and closer to 350-400 if complete with grip and selectors. The navy selectors will work just fine in a FBI pack

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The navy pack alone if it is unmodified and in working order might be worth a couple hundred and closer to 350-400 if complete with grip and selectors. The navy selectors will work just fine in a FBI pack
Ok awesome that is good to know. Thanks for replying.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Standard Navy pack. Looks like it is in great shape
Yeah I don't think it was even used, even the trigger pack looks immaculate. Will try to sell it here coming up so I can buy an ambi semi pack for my build. thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Yeah I don't think it was even used, even the trigger pack looks immaculate. Will try to sell it here coming up so I can buy an ambi semi pack for my build. thanks for the responses.
To save yourself time and probably money you can have the navy pack modified to semi. The procedure is exactly the same as a SEF pack. The auto sear and trip removed, cage notched, trigger stop pin welded in, and relocate and install semi auto sear spring. The housing can be clipped and pinned and used on your build. The 3 position selector will still work in all 3 positions and still fire semi auto. When you send your parts kit or whatever you have out to be built any builder can modify the pack to semi

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To save yourself time and probably money you can have the navy pack modified to semi. The procedure is exactly the same as a SEF pack. The auto sear and trip removed, cage notched, trigger stop pin welded in, and relocate and install semi auto sear spring. The housing can be clipped and pinned and used on your build. The 3 position selector will still work in all 3 positions and still fire semi auto. When you send your parts kit or whatever you have out to be built any builder can modify the pack to semi
Thanks for responding again, that is actually a good idea. Do you know how much they charge for that operation? I've already built my receiver.. rolled and welded everything so I don't need to send it anywhere, but I would like the selector to move in all three positions that would be cool.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
I think Mike Otte of Michael's Machines does it. I also think the guys at TPM Outfitters does it. CALL either of them to get a quote.

I am sure there are others. Don't let just any shade-tree "gunsmith" screw up a perfectly good pack!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think Mike Otte of Michael's Machines does it. I also think the guys at TPM Outfitters does it. CALL either of them to get a quote.

I am sure there are others. Don't let just any shade-tree "gunsmith" screw up a perfectly good pack!
Thanks Mr.Maim, good to know. I don't like to cut corners and surely wouldn't want someone screwing up a good pack.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts