1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
PROUD ASA MEMBER
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
If the Armorer portion of the course spent hands on time taking a ambi 4 position burst mechanism apart and putting it back together
again I would be interested.

·
PROUD ASA MEMBER
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the Armorer portion of the course spent hands on time taking a ambi 4 position burst mechanism apart and putting it back together
Thanks for the feedback Chuck! I'm sure James will see this post and reply when he gets a chance. They're running wild at SHOT right now I'm sure. I did speak with my guy at Bud's and they're definitely open to the idea. They are focusing more of their business towards training and expanding opportunities for folks at their facility which is a great thing. Of course the business end of this and the logistics will have to be discussed between them & Zenith. I'm only trying to find students at this point because without demand or students, it's definitely a no go.

·
Banned
4,102 Posts
If it does.....I'll skip it. I'll NEVER take one of those apart again. I'd be in. If Bud's doesn't work out, let me know. I know some people. :biggrin:
And if they don't work out, I know of private 900 yd range close by.

Caveat: Depends on time of year......what month(s)?

·
PROUD ASA MEMBER
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it does.....I'll skip it. I'll NEVER take one of those apart again. I'd be in. If Bud's doesn't work out, let me know. I know some people. :biggrin:
And if they don't work out, I've got a private 900 yd range close by.

Caveat: Depends on time of year......what month(s)?
Will do! I’ll be the first to say that it doesn’t have to take place at Bud’s but I think it would be cool if it did. I’m not authorized to speak for anyone at Zenith but I’m sure they’d want to have this at a facility that’s known to hold training courses. There’s a lot of liability to consider with events such as this so I’d say private property is out of question.

·
PROUD ASA MEMBER
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ll definitely keep everyone posted! Thank you to those who have replied thus far!

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
I'm off -Pro for a few days and looks what pops up! Very nice! I'm in 100%, always been interested in that sort of a course but never thought one would be available in driving distance. im good with in being around Lex. let me know what I can do to help!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am interested , live in Ohio but Lexington is close enough to drive. I appreciate that it may be open to civilians, with the proper background checks of course

·
PROUD ASA MEMBER
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm off -Pro for a few days and looks what pops up! Very nice! I'm in 100%, always been interested in that sort of a course but never thought one would be available in driving distance. im good with in being around Lex. let me know what I can do to help!
You never know what you’re missing on HKPro. :) Not to derail my own thread, ha, did you ever submit a Form 1 on your SP5K? I need to check it out again.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,224 Posts
Anyone else? Come on guys/gals, speak up. @Marine0303 , anything to add to this?
Thanks for starting the discussion, Yates. A suitable host and motivated students is all we need. I'll reach out to your contact at Bud's and see if we can make this happen.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I couldn't make any kind of commitment without pricing and date details, but not that I've seen this thread I will be following it very closely.

Lexington is a few hundred miles away, but if the timing and pricing worked out, I wouldn't hesitate to make the drive.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
One more here interested. But I need dates, syllabus, price etc.

When mama asks where I went with the $100s we saved for the kids, I need a reasonable story.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I talked to a couple people in my area and there's a chance I could bring another 1 or 2 people. Neither of them is ready to make a commitment, but its a couple solid maybes.

I am REALLY excited about the possibility of taking this course. I want this to happen SOOOOOO bad.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
I'm very interested in both aspects of the classy, but the details are going to make or break ability to attend. If it's the operator course as well, I'm guessing we'd need our guns, so we'd need some time to get the interstate travel forms if that's the case

·
PROUD ASA MEMBER
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm very interested in both aspects of the classy, but the details are going to make or break ability to attend. If it's the operator course as well, I'm guessing we'd need our guns, so we'd need some time to get the interstate travel forms if that's the case
Negative. Currently, the way the open enrollment courses will operate is they bring all the equipment, including firearms. You just show up.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts