HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased some parts and in one box I have mp5 f Bolt Group regular mp5 Bolt Group and mp5 sd Bolt Group
how do I ID regular bolt group VS SD bolt group ?
also does mp5f have a different barrel or only universal buffer stock with a different Bolt Group ?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Unless I've missed something I'm fairly sure the only difference between an SD and any other bolt group is the locking piece. The F barrel is the same but the bolt, stock, and front sling points are different with the F having a ambi front sling plate welded to the bottom of the triple tree.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
I recently purchased some parts and in one box I have mp5 f Bolt Group regular mp5 Bolt Group and mp5 sd Bolt Group
how do I ID regular bolt group VS SD bolt group ?
also does mp5f have a different barrel or only universal buffer stock with a different Bolt Group ?

Barrels on the "F" version MP5's are 16 flute and only 3 lug not threaded, I believe. I think I have heard of some people threading their "F" barrels. SudS can you chime in? I think Schlafftablett is correct there is no difference between an MP5 and MP5SD bolt group save the locking piece. As for the difference between the MP5Fand regular MP5 bolt groups - I am probably wrong here but seems to me that the MP5 bolt carrier tube is necked down for want of a better term on the "F" bolt groups while the bolt carrier's tube on a regular MP5 is not. Although, now I think that all 9mm MP5's have a necked down bolt carrier. Someone chime in here if I am off on this.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I beleive you are correct about the locking piece being the only different part in a SD bolt group vs MP5 bolt group. The carrier, firing pin, firing pin spring, rod assembly and bolt head are the same in both versions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts