HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been debating a MP5 (actually HK-94) clone for years and am finally ready to take the plunge, so I am on the lookout for a good Vector or Bobcat clone on the secondary market.

In the meantime, I've never liked the fake suppressors/barrel extensions that these clones come with--they just look too fake too me--and SBRs are illegal where I am. So I've decided to set mine up as a clone of the MP5 SD model, since, IMHO, these clones strike me as nicer (and somewhat less fake) looking.

IIRC, several companies used to make inexpensive sleeves to make HK-94s & clones look like the MP5 SD, but a quick Google search today turned up nothing. Anyone know if these are still made, and where I can find them? Many thanks!

K

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's been a while since I've picked up a copy, but I have seen them in Shotgun News, but it's been so long I can't remember mfg.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought one from E&L. Not too bad, and at least it covers up the long skinny 16" barrel on my clone. I want to get my barrel shortened at some point, but it works just fine for now. I had to do a little light sanding on the seams and painted it to take the plastic sheen off, but overall it looks decent.

Of course, I also have been toying with the idea of taking my rig up to RTDS and just getting the real thing done. My biggest problem is getting authorization from the wife to let me spend an additional $1600 on the gun. I think she's still pissed about the initial purchase.

·
Registered
80 Posts
MP5 SM

Spend the money with Ralph Smith at RDTS i did. Best gun clone i have seen. Best person to work with.Who wear's the pants. HA HA. KL

·
Registered
172 Posts
RDTS

No joke - its the way to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts