HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nice, Congrats boyz.

I have one from the first group buy, but after trying it I much prefer the other SD cans I have.
This is actually a little louder with a more metallic ring, than many of the other SD units.
Just a little under impressed by all the hype I guess.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
I have one from the first group buy, but after trying it I much prefer the other SD cans I have. This is actually a little louder with a more metallic ring, than many of the other SD units. Just a little under impressed by all the hype I guess.
This may have something to do with the small diameter/girth of the KAC SD suppressor, perhaps the smallest diameter of any SD can design. In contrast, I believe that the RDTS SD suppressor has the largest/fattest diameter of the SD cans which provides the most appealing look IMO and reportedly translates to be being the quietest (quoted as being quieter than a mouse queef). Something akin to why the 14+ year old design of the Gemtech MK-9K remains king for performance, while also being the largest/fattest can for MP5/MP5K.

·
Registered
34,527 Posts
After a 4 month search and over a year in combined transfer time I finally got the stamp for this today!
I weighed it and it was roughly 21 ounces- a little heavier than I thought- but it looks awesome.

Can't wait to get some lead down range when the weather is more cooperative.

View attachment 53697
Excellent, and congratulations on the stamp--- range report with video would be great!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can you post the exact dimensions of the KAC MP5SD can? I know its smaller in diameter but I'd like to know exact dimensions....

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
After a 4 month search and over a year in combined transfer time I finally got the stamp for this today!
I weighed it and it was roughly 21 ounces- a little heavier than I thought- but it looks awesome.

Can't wait to get some lead down range when the weather is more cooperative.

View attachment 53697
Congrats!!!

Is yours from the original run or one of the subsequent?

These are great cans.

I was a CIII back in the day. I bought one from KAC directly in the late 90s when I was still a CIII. They serial numbered it to match my pre-86 DS MP5SD. I've left it new in the box ever since using the standard HK cans instead as I have a few of them. I was an adjunct instructor at HK ITD in the Tac Med program in the early 2000s. I took many of their tactical courses and I had an opportunity to fire some of their guns with the KAC SD cans. Very quiet, very nice.

I'm brand new to the forums but am enjoying them very much. Sorry I didn't stumble upon them years ago.

This is mine, still NIB...

IMG_20160831_010236672.jpg

IMG_20160831_010311251.jpg

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Awesome cans guys! And welcome Raufus! You have some nice firearms and the trading to boot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts