HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone could provide some input on their experience here. I will most likely be looking to purchase one sometime in the future and there a few builders out there. I have seen price ranges from 800-1300 and would like to know if some have better quality builds, better db levels etc. thanks

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,376 Posts
RDTS does a great build and provides their own suppressors too. Very quiet and superb craftsmanship. The wait time can be painful, but since you'll be waiting on NFA clearance too, maybe it will come out even.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Ck with Bronco75. I think RCM was going to do another run of SD cans or may have already done it. TSC machine makes them as well. Ralph does nice cans too. occasionally an Urbach will pop up but they are hard to find.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
RDTS uses a different thread pitch than factory. If you are building with a factory barrel, look at RCM or TSC

·
Registered
212 Posts
Got an Urbach SD Silencer coming as part of an SD pkg built by TPM. No experience with it yet, but am pleased with others from Urbach - M16 & TPH. Anyway its another option in the SD universe...

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Someone in the clone section did a write up on his SD project and outlined the current offerings. RCM is in process of either starting or going to start a batch. RDTS will do one either in his thread pitch or the factory pitch I have read but can take a very long time. S&H will still do them but as part of an HK94 or MP5 conversion. If you can find a Knights they are supposed to be nice but the group buy from last year is sold out I think. The guy handling it won't respond to phone or email. I thought Urbach was long gone but maybe TPM has some left or is building them now I have not talked to them yet. I have decided I will probably go with the RCM when he does them unless I see a KAC come up for sale before then.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I thought Urbach was long gone but maybe TPM has some left or is building them now I have not talked to them yet.
Yeah, TPM is building new Urbach SD suppressors for their 94 to SD conversions. Maybe some here have them and can report. It will be awhile before I will be able to...

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
I've got an RDTS-built MP5-SD in .40S&W. It's unbelievably quite. +1 for Ralph!
Do you know how much velocity the .40 SD's bleed off? Most the ammo is already subsonic so it would not take much. I have read other posts where the RDTS .40 SD's are quieter than the 9mm. I bet that would be a great subgun match gun.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Yeah, TPM is building new Urbach SD suppressors for their 94 to SD conversions. Maybe some here have them and can report. It will be awhile before I will be able to...
I need to call and talk to them about their setup and Urbach SD Suppressors. Might be a really good alternative also.

·
Registered
136 Posts
i have video with a sound meter with my RDTS SD gun. and video at Ghillie's. you hear the metal target louder than the gun and it is 100m away.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts