HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's no doubt that the HK MP5's are extremely accurate and reliable.
I plowed through 400 rounds this day and didn't have a single jam, misfire, or misfeed.
The HK MP5 A5 .22 is in my opinion, the BEST tactical range gun...

Heck, the FBI holds the .22LR as top dog for kills of all calibers in the civilian world!!!

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
kudos on neat film editing

these .22 clones are nice range guns.

as for actual real world self defense or hostage rescue, not so much.

I will say that the .22 does have a place for CQB though, Tactical Life Israeli Mossad .22 LRS

this takes a lot of training and nerves of steel, readily available in Mossad!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kudos on neat film editing

these .22 clones are nice range guns.

as for actual real world self defense or hostage rescue, not so much.

I will say that the .22 does have a place for CQB though, Tactical Life Israeli Mossad .22 LRS

this takes a lot of training and nerves of steel, readily available in Mossad!
Thanks man.
Yea it wouldn't be my first choice for a real hostage situation, but definitely a great training tool.
A well placed head shot (or tons of them) would totally do the job... and not as messy :wink:
Hopefully I'll be able to use it on some zombies this coming December :52: .........

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Awesome! Now here come the music haters in 3...2...1

I wasn't kidding, I really do like the video editing and frame in frame, very cool.

Actually if you were proficient enough you probably could use a .22 with shots (or shot) to the orbitals. Most of the ops type are trained to aim that way if I am not mistaken.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The H&K version must be alot better than the GSG I had about 4 Jams per 20 for the year I owne mine. I sold it

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Cool video, nice shooting. Liked the music.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GREAT TO HEAR YOU ALL LIKED IT!!! You are one of the main reasons I keep making these videos!

Awesome! Now here come the music haters in 3...2...1
I've shared two other videos on the forum, and had about 7 pages of people saying "Great video, but couldn't stand the obnoxious music."
I'm way surprised it hasn't happened yet on this one... but it will... I like to hear you enjoyed it!
It's my style, so I'll keep on stickin' to it!

I wasn't kidding, I really do like the video editing and frame in frame, very cool.
Actually if you were proficient enough you probably could use a .22 with shots (or shot) to the orbitals. Most of the ops type are trained to aim that way if I am not mistaken.
Thanks, I like to hear what stands out to people... that way I know what to include in the future.
And you are correct... without body armor, the .22 will definitely penetrate orbitals. A precise shot would be best, but the .22 is also known to bounce around internally.

Nice video, it was fun to watch.
Great to hear! Thanks for the support!

The H&K version must be alot better than the GSG I had about 4 Jams per 20 for the year I owne mine. I sold it
YES!!! That is 100% true. The H&K MP5 is of much better quality. I wouldn't touch the GSG from what I've heard...
Atleast the old ones anyway... idk if they've perfected their design or not...
I seriously love this gun. One of my top successful purchases

Cool video, nice shooting. Liked the music.
Thanks man! You can't go wrong with Gangsters in Paradise :100000:
Check out some of my other videos on my channel if you want :]

·
Registered
232 Posts
Caehrnst, Mine was a newer one , got it july last year , terrible rifle to shoot , I had the SD version with the big fat fake can .

·
Registered
629 Posts
I'm glad you have the enthusiasm to make movies. Its way better to watch than the "Okay, so today were gonna..." type moies. Keep it up. I was wondering what camera you were using and what you used to edit with. I come from the pre-non linear editing era when DVC Pro was king and a Cannon XL-2 was all the rage and I'm really relearning it on my laptop. I just got Pinnacle Studio and was looking for any suggestions on a cheapy camera. As for the "Hostage Rescue".... I didn't see ONE attempt at ALL at negotiating. Thank god I'm not the only one who doesn't negotiate with jelly head terrorists... but there was an inherent lack of stun or smoke grenades and that makes me sad. I will be watching for your sequels.

·
Registered
904 Posts
No hatin on that tune - love it. BTW it says you haven't made any of your videos available to mobile users. Can you fix that ?

Great video and thanks for nothin!! Now I'm off to buy one of these but the big question SD or A5?

Sent by "TheNexus" from the future on SkyNet

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Caehrnst, Mine was a newer one , got it july last year , terrible rifle to shoot , I had the SD version with the big fat fake can .
Ah, I see... that sucks. The H&K's are produced in the Walther Firearm factory, and known to be much better.

I'm glad you have the enthusiasm to make movies. Its way better to watch than the "Okay, so today were gonna..." type moies. Keep it up. I was wondering what camera you were using and what you used to edit with. I come from the pre-non linear editing era when DVC Pro was king and a Cannon XL-2 was all the rage and I'm really relearning it on my laptop. I just got Pinnacle Studio and was looking for any suggestions on a cheapy camera. As for the "Hostage Rescue".... I didn't see ONE attempt at ALL at negotiating. Thank god I'm not the only one who doesn't negotiate with jelly head terrorists... but there was an inherent lack of stun or smoke grenades and that makes me sad. I will be watching for your sequels.
Thanks man, I feel the same way! haha! I use a GoPro for all of my gun mounted angles and head cam. It's light and super rugged, but kind of spendy ($200-$350).
I also use an Aiptek Action HD GVS... which ranges from $140-$450... This is an amazing HD camera to put on a bipod. The image quality is 1080p, it's small, and has a crazy good zoom.
Do you want a small camera to mount on your gun or one to set up on a tripod? The camera options are almost endless, but figuring that out will help narrow it down
For editing I use Corel Video Studio Pro X3. There's TONS of great software out there, you just have to learn how to use it...

No hatin on that tune - love it. BTW it says you haven't made any of your videos available to mobile users. Can you fix that ?
Great video and thanks for nothin!! Now I'm off to buy one of these but the big question SD or A5?
Sent by "TheNexus" from the future on SkyNet
I tried and tried to allow mobile users, but cant change the settings... BULL SH!T! & the youtube help page is NO help!
If anyone knows first-hand how to do this, please let me know...
I'd go with the A5... It's a lot nicer in my opinion, plus you can cut the barrel down easily (with the addition of a tax stamp of course)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
By the end of the week I'll have a new shooting video up!
And I must say... IT'S GOING TO BE KILLER!!!
With about 5 of my firearms taking the spotlight.
What do you think about that?
:52:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Nice shooting Iowa boy.
Oh yeah. I didn't really care for the music, but it was better than the other video. With shooting that good you can skip the music, besides it's too loud and takes away from the shooting.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Schweet vid.
Nice shooting Iowa boy.
Oh yeah. I didn't really care for the music, but it was better than the other video. With shooting that good you can skip the music, besides it's too loud and takes away from the shooting.
Thanks guys! Haha I've never been called Iowa boy before. Only here for ISU.
And I like the way you went about saying you didn't care for the music. Very respectful. What type of music would you prefer?
Maybe I'll quiet the music down a bit next time.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Thanks guys! Haha I've never been called Iowa boy before. Only here for ISU.
And I like the way you went about saying you didn't care for the music. Very respectful. What type of music would you prefer?
Maybe I'll quiet the music down a bit next time.
I thought you might be a Iowa native like me. Sorry.
As far as the music goes, could you please find something that isn't rap "or" rap related? How about some "Rock and Roll", or something for us old timers?
I'm sorry I don't mean any disrespect to your generation, but I can't hardly stomache rap.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts