HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Mp5 I'm waiting on a form 3 to clear so I can get it closer to me.....

In the meantime, I'm looking at a red-dot optic to put on it.

I've tried eothingies, aimpoints.... none of them worked very well for me.

I would like to use a burris-fastfire red-dot (Which is very similar to J points or Dr Optics)...... however I'm not sure if it'll co-witness properly.

What kind of red-dot setups are you guys using to properly co-witness?

Edit, well, after searching it looks like the burris/dr optic is out for co-witnessing. I may have to find another solution since aimpoints just don't work so hot for my eyes.

·
Registered
229 Posts
It's not so much the sight as it is the mount, and I've never been able to co-witness a optic and both iron sights.

I usually go for just co-w the optic and the front post with some type of low mount sight (B&T).

·
1,239 Posts
MP5's have a very low sight plane for a SMG... which is good for accuracy when using iron sights, but it makes it difficult to get a co-witness with optics.

The combination of optic and mount need to sit as low as possible.

The problem with most red dots is that the elctronics are housed in the base of the unit which raises the focal point

·
Registered
256 Posts
You may want to consider using a B&T see through mount.
This way you won't have to fight the co-witness and still be able to use your back up sights. This will also elevate the sight plane of the electronic sight for faster target acquisition.

You may also want to consider the Aimpoint Micro T-1 for you electronic sight. Price is just a little higher than a Dr. Optic.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have to fondle the new small aimpoint before I comit to anything....

I woulnd't mind hearing more reviews about it.... it seems to be a bit too new to the market for my liking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts