HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
There were issues a loooong time ago with hollowpoint's not feeding as reliably through the straight mags, so the curved mags were their answer to the problem.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
yep.

I'm mostly using FMJ for blasting ammo, and they've worked fine in all my straight mags.

Also I've not had any problems running JHP in them either, so perhaps modern JHP's have a different enough shape that the feeding is less of a problem.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Early straight mags had plastic followers for quieter operation with the SD. They were marked SD as well.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Early straight mags had plastic followers for quieter operation with the SD. They were marked SD as well.
And grip grooves so you didn't put the mag in backwards in the dark. They are a great deal and have been 100% for me. The 95% ones Coles Dist. sells are like brand new, like the one pictured...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
perfect . I will stock up on mags then till my toy arrives . I 'll stick to ones marked SD , should I respring them just in case ?

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
perfect . I will stock up on mags then till my toy arrives . I 'll stick to ones marked SD , should I respring them just in case ?
Try them first. I've never replaced any springs on any of my german mags. some of them are well over 20 years old.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
I have a ton of the 15 and 30s. They have never let me down. I would love to get my hands on a 10rd straight mag.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I bought 9 SD marked ones from Coles off GB. 8 were new and 1 looked like it was inserted in a gun 1 time. I would rate that 1 at 99.99999%. I was very happy with my purchase! They also came with carring cases.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts