HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I am really excited, my tax stamp came in today for my brand-new MP5 that I had Ghilliebear2000 built me...he did a great job by the way, thanks man! I have never seen better customer service, or quick replies in my life, Jeff did a great job!

I need to get a few things, and don't want to take the time to research them! I want an optic (I'm privy toward trijicon stuff), a sling, and a case, I don't care what they cost, any suggestions? I like the thought of being able to use the hard sights even though I have an optic, is there a solution for this?

I can't wait to get this thing to the range, and get to eastern Oklahoma for a class!

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Congrats on your new MP5! Jeff builds beautiful guns that function extremely well - you won't be disappointed! Lots of threads on optics, case and sling options here. A quick search should show dozens for each. Please post a pic or vid when you get a chance so we can enjoy your new gun too!

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll post pics when I get the stock...it at a dealers house til tomorrow! This was the first time I e-filed, it only took 32 days.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'll post pics when I get the stock...it at a dealers house til tomorrow! This was the first time I e-filed, it only took 32 days.
32 DAYS... I remember waiting more than 200 days!

Now I'm waiting... and waiting and waiting on a stamp for my silencer.

Enjoy your fine Ghilliebear weapon!

·
Registered
926 Posts
I mailed a form 4 to BATFE on 9-24-14, it was my first time using a trust. ATF approved the form 4 on 1-3-15. A little over 90 days to approve my transfer was pretty good in my book. Let us hope that the ATF keeps bringing those transfer times down. I purchased a Colt M4 6933 Commando w/ 11.5 inch barrel.

M4.jpg

Sean

PS I did the attachment because without a photo, I know I know, it didn't happen.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I mailed a form 4 to BATFE on 9-24-14, it was my first time using a trust. ATF approved the form 4 on 1-3-15. A little over 90 days to approve my transfer was pretty good in my book. Let us hope that the ATF keeps bringing those transfer times down. I purchased a Colt M4 6933 Commando w/ 11.5 inch barrel.

View attachment 28145

Sean

PS I did the attachment because without a photo, I know I know, it didn't happen.
Still waiting on 2 mailed in 7-30 on a trust in SE PA as well. No rhyme or reason for the speed or lack there of with the ATF

·
Registered
156 Posts
for optic, i prefer Aimpoint, something like an T1/H1 or even the new T2 would be great. i'm personally going to run the Aimpoint Pro, but it looks huge on my RS. but if i was going Trijicon, and it's going to be an indoors SD gun, i'd get the dual illuminated RMR. if it's going to be used a lot inside and outside, i'd get the LED version. for a case, get a Pelican case. i believe i have the 1490, i can't remember the exact model number.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Still waiting on 2 mailed in 7-30 on a trust in SE PA as well. No rhyme or reason for the speed or lack there of with the ATF
I know, so here is the form 4 as well. Of course some info has been redacted.

Form 4.jpg

That makes no sense that yours has been there since 7-30, and mine was mailed in late September.

Sean

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I know, so here is the form 4 as well. Of course some info has been redacted.

View attachment 28148

That makes no sense that yours has been there since 7-30, and mine was mailed in late September.

Sean
Meh, I always seem to get the long end. I had 2 cans submitted November 2013 and I didn't get them back until Oct 2014, but enough OT

Op, congrats on getting your stamp, and as always we want pics!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Meh, I always seem to get the long end. I had 2 cans submitted November 2013 and I didn't get them back until Oct 2014, but enough OT

Op, congrats on getting your stamp, and as always we want pics!
When I went to pick up my Colt, the dealer asked who did I know at ATF. Of course I don't know anyone or else my other transfers would have been much faster.

I did hear that ATF has ended the idea of regional processing, don't know if that is true or not. Nicki Dudash was our examiner in PA, and she is on a few of my form 4s. I don't know if that is good or bad, just process those damn forms and get them out of there. My first MP5 purchase in 2000 took around 35 days. Two Macs that I purchased in the 90s ranged from 27 days to 71 days. All of those transfers were reasonable, but then comes Obama and the idea of the year long transfer is born. My K gun that I form 1d in 2013 took 10 or 11 months. Will the ATF ever make any sense? The answer is probably not.

Sean

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
When I went to pick up my Colt, the dealer asked who did I know at ATF. Of course I don't know anyone or else my other transfers would have been much faster.

I did hear that ATF has ended the idea of regional processing, don't know if that is true or not. Nicki Dudash was our examiner in PA, and she is on a few of my form 4s. I don't know if that is good or bad, just process those damn forms and get them out of there. My first MP5 purchase in 2000 took around 35 days. Two Macs that I purchased in the 90s ranged from 27 days to 71 days. All of those transfers were reasonable, but then comes Obama and the idea of the year long transfer is born. My K gun that I form 1d in 2013 took 10 or 11 months. Will the ATF ever make any sense? The answer is probably not.

Sean
Nicki did a number of my stamps here in Ohio too until recently. The four stamps approved since August, 2014 are from four different (and not Nicki) examiners. Two were F1 and two were F4. Response time has definitely improved.

Congrats OP!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts