HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching around and have found only a couple of token mentions of this. Plenty of pics but none of the buffer and rare mention of the buffer used.

Using an HK93 back plate and G3 wood center section, what buffer would be appropriate to use on an MP5 type?
I've read where some folks sort of indicate/hint to use the standard 93 buffer. I've seen someone say they "fitted" an A3 type H buffer to the 93 back plate (didn't know this was possible).

So is there a definitive buffer that should be used or does it matter at all?

TIA.

·
Registered
749 Posts
When I got my wood furniture, there was no buffer at all installed. That bothered me, so I carved out a couple pieces of an old auto tire inner tube and glued them into the back plate. Honestly, I don't think a buffer is needed. An old surplus G3 SEF steel lower with a trimmed tang, 9mm hammer, and 9mm ejector completed the ersatz retro look. What's not in the pictures is a leather G3 sling which completes the setup.

·
Banned
34,552 Posts
When I got my wood furniture, there was no buffer at all installed. That bothered me, so I carved out a couple pieces of an old auto tire inner tube and glued them into the back plate. Honestly, I don't think a buffer is needed. An old surplus G3 SEF steel lower with a trimmed tang, 9mm hammer, and 9mm ejector completed the ersatz retro look. What's not in the pictures is a leather G3 sling which completes the setup.

That is gorgeous--- very classic!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Premium Member
137 Posts

Where did you find the wood furniture? It is beautiful.

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've built up a butt stock for the 93/POF5, now I'm looking into the forearm. Have a CETME front for a experimental victim but hate to cut it. Would hate cutting original G3 wood even more. Might get a grip from RTG but I like the plastic.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.