HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there anybody out there who has replaced the hammer in your SP5K trigger pack? I recently purchased the Blackwing MP5K hammer and started to install it into the trigger pack. But before I did, I noticed that the stock hammer looked like the strut was pinned to it. Is the SP5K hammer strut pinned to the hammer or does it just slide into the saddle?

I'd hate to get this pack all apart and find out that I have the wrong strut.

Anybody done this yet?

I think we need a YouTube video showing the replacement of the trigger, sear and hammer in an actual SP5K trigger pack.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've swapped out the hammer in both my POF 5PK and MKE Z-43P with the blackwing hammer and IIRC both originally had the strut pinned to the hammer(the Z-43P for sure). However, I believe that is done to prevent the strut from bouncing off the hammer during full auto fire. If you are not going to be firing it in full auto it's probably unneeded overkill. I do not have either strut pinned in my guns and I have not had a single issue with them.

e: To properly answer your question: I'm not sure if the SP5K hammer and strut are pinned together. They probably are, as that seems to be the norm, but if you pop out the pin to install the new hammer, you probably don't have to bother reinstalling it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts