HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Vector V89 owners out there that have used your gun as a host for a suppressor? I am waiting on a Trident to come in and will use it on my Vector V89 (MP5K clone). Will the stock locking piece work or do I need to find this 100 degree unit? The one I have now looks like a normal MP5 locking piece, except it has a big "K" stamped on it. What does changing out the locking piece do to increase reliability?

Thanks,

Rick

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Any Vector V89 owners out there that have used your gun as a host for a suppressor? I am waiting on a Trident to come in and will use it on my Vector V89 (MP5K clone). Will the stock locking piece work or do I need to find this 100 degree unit? The one I have now looks like a normal MP5 locking piece, except it has a big "K" stamped on it. What does changing out the locking piece do to increase reliability?

Thanks,

Rick
Rick: I don't own a Vector but I do have a Mp5K-N PDW and I've been trying to find the answer myself with my SWR Omega can. Here is the thread I posted http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69127

Here is what I found: HK recommends the 80o which is also the #28 LP when running suppressed! The stock LP in mine is #16 (110o) and even though mine has functioned fine it is at a higher cyclic rate and taking more of a beating than she needs to!

I just purchased both the #28 and the 100o and I'm going to experiment with each; especially since I will most likely use 115gr FMJ (vs 147gr).

Hope this helps,

Michael

·
Registered
1 Posts
Locking Piece

I dont know about the vector but in an MP5 you use the standard locking piece that has no marking on it with every variant except the MP5-SD which you use the locking piece with SD on it. Now having said that if you are going to use a can you need to change the locking piece to a #28. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It depends on your gun, but on my K gun the 28/80 is perfect. It works suppressed (that is what it is for) and slows the gun down without the suppressor without jamming. Some Ks won't run with the 28 without a suppressor.

So try out the 28. If it works both ways, you are set.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I have the V89 also but in a SBR package alla MP5k-PDW

I use the standard locking piece with the "k" marking on it which is a 16 LP. I use this with or without my Evolution 9 Suppressor and it functions 100 percent either way.

If you go to Rim County Manufacturings website they sell the 100 degree locking piece for like 25 dollars. I purchased one of these for my CA94 HK94 clone and the bolt gap was perfect and the LP is good quality and 75 dollars cheaper than HK.

The reason I bring this up is because HK ships the MP5k-PDW from the factory with the 100 degree locking piece installed. I am in no way an expert on LP's but if you have a 110 or a 80 degree LP you might as well go in the middle with a 100 degree. That makes sense to me.

If you search pasts posts you will see that this is a long standing debate on HKPro. So I would go with the factory and the middle of the road bet and install a 100 degree LP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts