HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
I would think the lack of sights would make it less likely to snag when being deployed from concealment.

I too would like to here from someone in the know.

Pretty sure I have seen pics in the past. Cool to see it again, thanks for posting.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I would think the lack of sights would make it less likely to snag when being deployed from concealment.

I too would like to here from someone in the know.

Pretty sure I have seen pics in the past. Cool to see it again, thanks for posting.
^^^ This.

The SAS for one did this. You can see videos on YT that show them with K's set up like that.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
For a short time, HK offered the K in that configuration; no rear sight and just a front blade for maximum concealability.
"Front sight press"

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
For a short time, HK offered the K in that configuration; no rear sight and just a front blade for maximum concealability.
I seem to remember that during the development of the k, this was the original (or one of) configuration. It was all an attempt to compete in the personal protection segment with the likes of MACs and mini UZIs. Years ago I into some SP89 prototypes at a Virginia gun show, at least one of which had these sights.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,215 Posts
I seem to remember that during the development of the k, this was the original (or one of) configuration. It was all an attempt to compete in the personal protection segment with the likes of MACs and mini UZIs. Years ago I into some SP89 prototypes at a Virginia gun show, at least one of which had these sights.
You are correct, Sir!

·
Banned
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for the input. I was told a very similar version. No rear sights, for easier concealment and less "snag".

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Correct.
Made for use with the Hensoldt Aiming Point Projector and for use with the Firing Briefcase - no irons required.
G3Kurz
I'm curious, do you know of the firing briefcase ever being used in an operation? (Not just carried) I have wondered this for a long time. I think it's an awesome concept.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Was this at the Gray Room??? :biggrin:
Do you remember the serial number/markings? :wink:

Tony
It was at a Virginia gun show. Dealer had five different prototypes, each marked or configured differently. Documentation from HK as to their individual authenticity. This was when the going rate for a sear was about $5k (so how long ago?). He wanted $6k each or all five for $25k. I remember the sear price because I equated the price for all five prototypes as equal to five sears. Sears turned out to be a better buy. Not sure I could precisely remember the differences between the five, let alone serial number sequences or prefixes.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I remember them being available in 1988 when I got my Fleming SEF Lower MP5K. Thought it looked naked without the sights.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts