HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping some of you guys can convince me enough to make me pull the trigger on a Michael's Machine or a Dakota Tactical's MP5K-PDW conversions.

Michael's Machine
- Mike advised he could build his version of the MP5K-PDW within 3 weeks or so.
- MM will be using a SW flat and HK parts kit he has available but will change parts out to be 922r compliant.
- Price: approx $3500 but will be able to get the pistol within a month.

Dakota Tacitcal
- Will have to order DT's parts kit from HKParts who then ship directly to DT.
- My understanding is Joe uses LCS flats for his builds for the most part and his conversion will be 922r compliant.
- Price: approx. $3250 but Joe (DT) advised it would take about 8 months.

Both builders have good reputation. Unfortunately, the vast majority of the reviews I've read for MM has been for his rifles. I finally have my trust so I'm eager to get the firearm I've always wanted. BUT, if DT does a job that much better with a LCS flat than what MM can do with a SW flat, I can wait. Help a brother out, thanks!

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I would choose Dakota Tac. but thats just me. Also Jayson Cotter does nice work but I don't know if he does builds.

Here is the barrel Jayson put on my MKE:

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
There is also this guy in OK named Jeff Walters that makes these using the LSC flats. Very good pricing and a couple weeks turnaround. You may search the site for his quality and rep. (has built several models for me)

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
We are really lucky we have all of these good smiths'

I just hope this keeps up and we don't have an assault weapons ban, lord would that suck. I can't imagine how awesome the days of gun-buying were pre-1986

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
There is also this guy in OK named Jeff Walters that makes these using the LSC flats. Very good pricing and a couple weeks turnaround. You may search the site for his quality and rep. (has built several models for me)
+ 1. Ghillie is a good builder and his turnaround time and pricing is great.

·
Grand Chazzar
3,353 Posts
Both guns will be nice no doubt !
I personally would go with the shorter wait .
+1 for Gilly as well
Good luck

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
All those builders do excellent work (Jayson and Jeff as well of course), although I have NEVER seen a builder with a fast turnaround time like Jeff (Ghilliebear), I believe his average is like 2 weeks... Jayson at IGF did some work for me, it was not a build but close to it, He was super fast as well (3-4 weeks). I dont think you can go wrong with any of the builders listed above, it just depends how long you want to wait.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I personally have Jeff do ALL my builds...There is no one in this business I trust more.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
If I did not build them myself, I would be buying all my guns from MM as he is one of the few who will ensure all the critical details are done properly. Also a +1 for Jayson at IGF... great builder as well. Don't forget to have a look at the Clone Buyer's Guide that I wrote...
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/dakota-tactical/158967-hk-clone-buyers-guide-pictorial.html

I just looked at this and looked at my clones, one a MKE SP89 clone and the other a Coharie

The MKE is perfect in every way you mention as critical and otherwise but the welds and some points leave a little to be desired.

NOW, as for the coharie it has the speed bumps, no weld in the rear and probably something else I missed. So once again I confirm the weapon is a turd and I will had to have a new trunnion put in it. This gun is the gift that keeps on giving! lol

Thanks for info and letting people know what to look for

·
Vendor
6,909 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If I did not build them myself, I would be buying all my guns from MM as he is one of the few who will ensure all the critical details are done properly. Also a +1 for Jayson at IGF... great builder as well. Don't forget to have a look at the Clone Buyer's Guide that I wrote...
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/dakota-tactical/158967-hk-clone-buyers-guide-pictorial.html
Thanks for the reassurance on MM, Joe. Pretty much read through most of the threads in this subforum and your vendor threads.

As far as Ghillie, unless I misunderstood him, he does not do any MP5K-PDW conversions. He stated he might start doing them in about two months.

Thanks for the link but that member sold his MP5K. This will eventually be a sear host so the MKE is out.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
MM, Ghille, Chops, and IGF all do great work. I have quite a few of Chops gun and the quality is 2nd to none. If you can wait then I recommend Chops. I have handled and had stuff all done by the others and you can't go wrong either way

1 - 17 of 17 Posts