HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the going rate for these? I am looking into purchasing one but they are rather hard to find, and I'm not really sure where to look.

Also what are the most common problems with them?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Check your local class 3 dealer as well, most of them are in touch with other class 3 dealers, and can at least help you hunt one down.

The other possibilty is to buy a registered sear, and a SP89 and put it together

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
What is the going rate for these? I am looking into purchasing one but they are rather hard to find, and I'm not really sure where to look.

As Uncle Billy indicated, the primary cost is the NFA papered sear for a nominal $14,000, however, if you have a sear in a full size MP5 than can easily use in a MP5K by changing the trigger housing. For the rifles (HK93 and/or HK91) the sear moves almost as easy, just need to swap ejector and hammer spring (plus the trigger housing).

Thus one option is to shop for a HK sear or HK sear in "some" fire arm. Once you have that, then the SP89's are running around four grand asking and the assorted trigger housing, full auto bolt carrier, K grip, MP5 four hole sight, PDW stock and replacement three lug barrel will run you another grand plus 100+% or minus 50% depending on your choices.

Regards
John

P.S. The down side is slightly faster cycle rate than a full size MP5 and cost of ammo ;-). Only problem area is you have to clean ever case of ammo ... where an Uzi will go an order of magnitude more ... as if that is really a problem at todays ammo prices. Plus if it was me, would have an extra extractor spring or two and an HK cleaning kit plus sight tool.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts

We both live in Florida and I am in the process of purchasing my first SMG - an HK MP5K with suppressor. I would agree that $18K+ is what you most likely will pay today. Check out this link that lists all the recorded sales by SMG category: http://www.machinegunpriceguide.com/. I have seen several sell in the low $20K's in Florida + sales tax!

I am purchasing mine from Jon Carter. He is a Class 3 firearms dealer and I can't say enough good things about Jon for all the time he has taken with me to understand the complexity of the purchase. Here is his email:

[email protected]

If this is your first SMG too then check on the county where you live in FL to see if the local sheriff's policy is to "sign off" on your purchase. I live in Hillsborough County and our sheriff will not! That only leaves two options: create a corporation to transfer the weapon to or to create a Revocable Trust. Even though I have a corporation I chose the Trust option.

I suggest you read this article by Bob Howell (I used him for the Trust):

http://www.2aforum.com/forums/ubbthr...3689&Main=1483.

Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts